good heatsink for gaming

i was wondering if there was a heatsink anyone could recommend for under $50, i'm currently using the stock for my AMD cpu and i have thought of the coolermaster 212+

thank you

Your stock cooler is OK for gaming. Now if you want your processor a few deg cooler or you intend overclocking then the 212+ is a good choice for under $50.00.

Your stock cooler is OK for gaming. Now if you want your processor a few deg cooler or you intend overclocking then the 212+ is a good choice for under $50.00.

yeah. maybe i'll just get the cooler master 212+. it's quiet right?

What AMD CPU are you using, and what are your current temps? Are you just looking for cooler temps while gaming, or do you plan to overclock eventually?

If you're on a tight budget and want to stay under $50 you simply can't beat the CM Hyper 212+ for price-to-performance.(Also you can pick up another fan and run push/pull and still be under $50) I Have two of these in use and highly recommend them. Both are on Phenom II x2 555 CPU's, one is unlocked to a quad @ stock 3.2ghz, and the other is still a dual core @ 4.18ghz.

I've also heard really good things about the Antec Kuhler 620 and actually just bought one yesterday to test out, but have not had the time to put it through its paces yet. Those are a bit more expensive though, and will run you anywhere from 69.99-79.99 depending on where you shop.

What AMD CPU are you using, and what are your current temps? Are you just looking for cooler temps while gaming, or do you plan to overclock eventually?

If you're on a tight budget and want to stay under $50 you simply can't beat the CM Hyper 212+ for price-to-performance.(Also you can pick up another fan and run push/pull and still be under $50) I Have two of these in use and highly recommend them. Both are on Phenom II x2 555 CPU's, one is unlocked to a quad @ stock 3.2ghz, and the other is still a dual core @ 4.18ghz.

I've also heard really good things about the Antec Kuhler 620 and actually just bought one yesterday to test out, but have not had the time to put it through its paces yet. Those are a bit more expensive though, and will run you anywhere from 69.99-79.99 depending on where you shop.

amd phenom II X4 955 heatsink

idle temp: 36-39*C

Load temps: 62*C while playing crysis 2

might get 212+ with push/pull, i have an extra blue led fan i can add good price

thank you

also want something nice and quiet

stock too loud while playing games :O

You can go for Ivy's deal but if you dont trust open-bos then you wont go wrong with a Hyper 212+

I second that notion--hyper 212+ owner with an i3-550 overclocked to 4.5Ghz, max tempt of 64c. It idles at 28c, a tad over room temp.

212+... Its all you need, the stock fan can get alittle loud, but it will still be half as loud as the stock AMD cooler. So you get much better performance while being much quieter. If the noise is really an issue just manually set fan speed to 60% or so in BIO's on the Hyper 212+. 60% ought to be more than good to control any Phenom II quad-core. Whereas the stock AMD HSF needs every ounce of fan speed to keep things cool enough. I had a Phenom II 955 under AMD stock cooler than even at stock 3.2Ghz would reach 60c under prime95. Thats pretty bad, those stock coolers blow.

CM Hyper 212+ All the way. Ive used it in about 5-6 different builds now, it never disappoints.