Serious Breach of Security on PSN

WhenKittensATK

PC has been able to do that for years, it's not like the xbox did anything special with playing music during games. :lol:

If you're the kind of person that wants multitasking, PC is the way to go without a doubt, multitasking is one of my biggest reasons for being a PC gamer. I personally would feel quite limited by an xbox as far as multitasking goes.

Honestly I don't know people are always talking about with online communities with gaming, I've played online with both the PS3 and 360 and neither one has a very good online community in my opinion. I prefer online gaming on the PC, I find most of the people I play with or against are pretty mature gamers, the only exceptions being Valve games really, mainly TF2 and L4D.

Edit: Also, I finally got my email from sony today about the PSN thingy, question: is it worth reading? Like does it tell you anything you don't already know about the situation?

I agree completely PC is king of multitasking. And yes the music thing is nothing new. But one thing the PC lacks is local co-op.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree completely PC is king of multitasking. And yes the music thing is nothing new. But one thing the PC lacks is local co-op.

Well actually some games on the PC have that, for example Trine. Granted it doesn't work very well but it does have it. Ultimately whether PC has that or not is up to developers, it isn't a limitation of the PC, it's just an option no one takes advantage of.

Well, I stopped by my bank today. Got the two cards I used on the PSN canceled and issued new ones. Nothing has shown up on either account, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Notes handed out before a Sony press conference today (timed so conveniently at 1am EDT in the US, and noon on the Sunday of Golden Week in Japan) reveal that Sony plans to offer free downloads of unidentified "content," 30 days of free PlayStation Plus access to new and existing members, and 30 days of free Qriocity service. The paper also says that PSN service will be restored "soon."

Two days ago, a PlayStation Blog Q&A post mentioned that the company was considering a "goodwill gesture" to PSN users (and sure, why not Qriocity users too) put out by the two-week outage. The company will likely have to provide much more dramatic gestures to appease all the government organizations who have taken interest in the case (and, you know, that enormous data leak).

Sony "Executive Deputy President" Kaz Hirai has yet to take the stage, so there may be more details forthcoming, like the exact date of PSN reactivation.

Free downloads of something and free PS+? I'm down for that, provided the service comes back sometime soon. My finals are this week so I would like to be able to get PSN back at some point to blow off steam.

Good update by Sony. Outlines a lot, details what all is being beefed up security wise, and even what we can expect to get as compensation. For some I'm sure it won't be enough, but I'll take a free game/content (if its DLC then for a game I own :P) and an extra month for PS+. About makes up the few weeks we've lost on it, though I wonder what Sony will do for the DCUO and Free Realms guys.

Apparently this is much bigger then most realize....

Now this is strickly rumor mill as I dont have the time today to really get into this...

the Monster-in-law (wife's mother) is a heavy EQ player (Everquest) and their server is down and has been since yesterday...apparently this game is tied to Sony and the PSN...word on their forums are this IS an inside job of sorts and so far 250 employees from the east coast office have been FIRED...

This is all I know at the moment as I dont have time to dig more and Google...

Apparently this is much bigger then most realize....

Now this is strickly rumor mill as I dont have the time today to really get into this...

the Monster-in-law (wife's mother) is a heavy EQ player (Everquest) and their server is down and has been since yesterday...apparently this game is tied to Sony and the PSN...word on their forums are this IS an inside job of sorts and so far 250 employees from the east coast office have been FIRED...

This is all I know at the moment as I dont have time to dig more and Google...

Good if you use Paypal or game cards to pay for your subscriptions, bad if you use credit card :(

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/02/soe-suspends-services-after-discovering-an-issue/

Says they didn't find anything that showed someone got into the MMO services. It seems that they found a security loop hole and shut down the services so they could patch it.

Edited by Krazyxazn