Serious Breach of Security on PSN

WhenKittensATK

I still find it unbelievably rediculous that Sony a company that makes billions, doesn't reinvest anything into security???? I saw on the news earlier that they are reporting that Sony hasn't invested anything into their online security in years.

AMAZING FAIL :ph34r:

You shouldn't listen to all those news sites. Many aren't really investigating any of the "claims" and are just spouting random crap to slander Sony.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good find! Thanks for posting that letter.

I do not know how long the following video will remain up but Anonymous has posted their reason and demands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRIQRx2uCj8&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Fogel

Good find! Thanks for posting that letter.

I do not know how long the following video will remain up but Anonymous has posted their reason and demands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRIQRx2uCj8&feature=player_embedded

All I have to say is...

Pss.... They have been trying to hack the PS3 since it came out. Geohot started long before they removed Linux Support. And now they don't even need OtherOS to hack the PS3 they found another way.

Hackers do it for the challenge not because they are pissed off.

IN YOUR FACE!

I told you people didn't like the removal of that feature.

:D

Edited by Deathmineral

IN YOUR FACE!

I told you people didn't like the removal of that feature.

:D

You mean people or these hackers? The same group who has hacked Sony one day, says they can hack the PSN (but don't). Next thing we know PSN got hacked... They said "they" as a group didn't do it, but there is no stopping individuals of the group. Yep, that's not really reassuring.

Deathmineral - Master at digging up old posts (still 0 points)

Krazyxazn - Over 9000

Edited by Krazyxazn

From what I heard Anonymous wasn't responsible for this breach of security. It isn't their style to go after peoples personal data, they usually target the organizations or companies that are doing things they don't agree with not individuals. They even stated in their initial attack that they were not going to disrupt users from accessing PSN...

From what I heard Anonymous wasn't responsible for this breach of security. It isn't their style to go after peoples personal data, they usually target the organizations or companies that are doing things they don't agree with not individuals. They even stated in their initial attack that they were not going to disrupt users from accessing PSN...

They also stated that they can't stop individual of their group from doing whatever they want. There is honestly no telling what these guys do, they are all behind the scenes. No proof, no nothing, just their word. I honestly wouldn't trust them.

Their own fame will eventually do them in one day. That will be the day I smile.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Read the 8 page letter from Sony to Congress. Then watch the video that supposedly came from Anonymous. There are a lot of ties.

Video Date: April 26, 2011

Letter Date: May 3, 2011

As Krazy said, they MAY have some rogue agents. It is definitely a world wide attack. Look how hard it is to get people on the same forum who communicate everyday to agree on things. Think just because they are in the same "clan" (or whatever the word is) they will agree all the time?

Whomever did it though... has some serious balls and some insane talent.

Edited by Fogel