Serious Breach of Security on PSN

WhenKittensATK

PSN has been under attack for the past week by some unknown group with intent to steal PSN user information (pretty much everything that was personal).

Suggest everyone pay attention to their bank account summaries, in case you've saved your credit card information to your PSN account.

PSN Hacked: How to Protect Yourself

Your personal information has been compromised. Here's what to do.

Edited by Krazyxazn

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So have there actually been any reports of PSN customers having unknown charges show up on their cards yet? There's nothing unusual on mine so far. Nothing unusual with my email so far either, aside from the fact that I didn't seem to get sony's email about this.

So have there actually been any reports of PSN customers having unknown charges show up on their cards yet? There's nothing unusual on mine so far. Nothing unusual with my email so far either, aside from the fact that I didn't seem to get sony's email about this.

Probably won't see any charges. They still need your security code on the back of the card and the expiration date. But better safe than sorry.

My cousin was once a victim of identity theft and my aunt (his mom) works at a bank. She was extremely pissed :D Definitely not something you should take lightly.

Edited by Krazyxazn

A few people on reddit have had their accounts (bank accounts) fraudulently accessed and a few people have had their gmail accounts accessed from other countries as well.

If you use the same password on other sites you'll undoubtedly be compromised there too.

A few people on reddit have had their accounts (bank accounts) fraudulently accessed and a few people have had their gmail accounts accessed from other countries as well.

If you use the same password on other sites you'll undoubtedly be compromised there too.

Actually I can't remember my password for PSN so it's probably nothing for me to worry about, If I can't remember it then it's definitely not one that I use for a lot of other things. :lol:

According to Sony UK, all of these were taken:

Name

Shipping address

Billing address

Country

E-mail address

Birthdate

PSN/Qriocity ID

PSN/Qriocity password

PSN/Qriocity security question and answer

Purchase history

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/26/sony-provides-psn-update-confirms-a-compromise-of-personal-inf/