Thank Hell for onboard Graphics!!

Twinings

Twinings - does it crash regardless of the number of displays you have attached? If I'm reading right you're currently running 3 displays, and if that is correct, I'm wondering if it crashes when using only a single display?

And I second sYstE's suggestion about checking your voltage rails. Load that sucker up with as much a load as possible and check the voltages.

wevsspot, Same problem if im running 1 monitor through the onboard (But 6950 still installed) take out 6950 and system stable again!!!

Edited by Twinings

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two recommendations and neither are probably very appealing to you;

1. A complete reinstallation of Windows to make sure that IRQ assignments are properly handed out and there aren't any conflicts + the complete destruction of any orphaned driver files, dlls etc. that might still be hiding on your machine

2. Try an nVidia card and see if the same thing happens

One thing I was thinking about - when you have the 6950 installed, have you disabled the onboard vga? If not I'd give that a try.

maybe the onboard vga has a conflict with the 6950

That's what I was wondering.

So if it were me I'd turn off the onboard VGA - make sure that your BIOS is set to boot video from the PCIe slot and then do a fresh install of Windows.

Im no expert on AMD or intel but it would almost sound like a faulty Northbridge to PCI-e link... Or as wevspot and a few others are agreeing there must be a Driver or OS issue.

I understand if the NB was causing any issues then the system would be frogging up in a lot more ways then Just the display.

Im curious what was the stop code on the blue screen that you got. Not the Actual name but the 000x3b00000 (blah) code was?

Nope, I'm not sure that a fresh install of Windows will cure your ills either. But considering everything you've tried to this point I'm kind of grabbing at straws :(

I really don't see any way that you could have got two bad cards - I don't think anyone is that unlucky. And I have a hard time believing that both PCIe slots on your board are boogered.

Are you certain that you are running the very latest BIOS released for your motherboard?

Vlad I was thinking along those lines too. A techie guy at work said he experienced same issues with a new build and scratched his head for nearly 7 weeks before buying a new nexus psu and hasn't looked back since.

Nope, I'm not sure that a fresh install of Windows will cure your ills either. But considering everything you've tried to this point I'm kind of grabbing at straws :(

I really don't see any way that you could have got two bad cards - I don't think anyone is that unlucky. And I have a hard time believing that both PCIe slots on your board are boogered.

Are you certain that you are running the very latest BIOS released for your motherboard?

Ill check bios again but when it all began it was same as already on board. Thinking new power supply now. Didnt look yet but are nexus on the recommended list?