Diablo 3

tkrow21

that is why games's quality will continue to digress and soon we will have nothing but Call of Duties and Halos, and everything will be run by Electronc Arts, and Activisions. swindling everybody out of their hard earned moneys for half-a$$ed excuses for games that are nothing more than shiny graphics benchmarks and map packs and crappy voice acting. cheers.

Call of Duty and Halo keep getting released because I don't care about your opinion?

I know this game has its problems but after today's patch 1.03, many things have been fixed and Blizzard is communicating with us to patch even more things.

It is definitely playable and there is nothing wrong with the gameplay. It is a big change from D2 but I think I am getting used to it and just accepting the facts. And it's been enjoyable for me.

Most people who are complaining are comparing it to D2 with its many patches and an expansion. Just their nostalgia is getting in the way to enjoy this new game it seems.

Trust me I was a hardcore D2 player, and honestly I think D3 will be just as good as D2 given 1-2 more patches.

I guess I just didnt have issues with the errors and the extreme lag some people have been getting. Oh well.

If I was working in Blizzard, I would add/patch a couple more things in the future patch:

- Add guild system with chat

-Increase the amount of people that can join to 5+ people ( just so all 5 classes can maybe join in? And I have more than 4 friends who play it...)

-Add duel system in game but safe in town like D2 ( PvP is going to be in a set arena and is coming in future patch, I want some open world PK )

-Buff certain skills so they are actually viable ( They are doing this in future patch)

-Legendaries are actually unique and powerful ( They are doing this in future patch)

-Add more socketable items like in D2 ( They are probably going to add this in the expansion.)

That's what I'm waiting for (That, and a pirated server client so I can play the damn game offline) I loved D2 to bits but until LoD came out, it was still broken as all get out. If the updates are free and the DLC is expansion packs and not just crap that should be in the game anyway, I might pick this up in a year or two. Until then, it's a broken game trying to be D2 LoD. There is potential here, so I'm going to give it the time it needs to mature.

That's what I'm waiting for (That, and a pirated server client so I can play the damn game offline) I loved D2 to bits but until LoD came out, it was still broken as all get out. If the updates are free and the DLC is expansion packs and not just crap that should be in the game anyway, I might pick this up in a year or two. Until then, it's a broken game trying to be D2 LoD. There is potential here, so I'm going to give it the time it needs to mature.

Thus why the game requires you to be online... Piracy is the only reason companies use DRM and other means. While DRM isn't 100% effective in preventing piracy, piracy is 100% the cause of DRM...

Thus why the game requires you to be online... Piracy is the only reason companies use DRM and other means. While DRM isn't 100% effective in preventing piracy, piracy is 100% the cause of DRM...

I'll buy the game, I'll just run a server client on my own machine. Forcing players to always have internet means that a large chunk of their target market (i.e. me) with slow, spotty or nonexistant internet cannot play. Assuming high speed internet is avaliable everywhere, then always-on DRM makes sense since it doesn't impact a persons ability to play. But when a company says because of where I live that I don't get to play a game that I would have to paid money for, I will not buy their products until I know I can use them. This is the reason why I don't play WoW but still have starcraft. One is always online (understandable, it is an MMO) one requires you to sign in every 30 days to use offline; which I am fine with since my internet will hold out long enough for me to verify my game.

Yeah a couple of my friends quit playing until the recent patch came out (1.03) and some are actually holding off buying until PvP comes out, but they are die-hard Diablo fans so they are set on buying it as soon as they give the PvP, and patches along with it too.

Just wanted to chime in here and drop a line.

First off I own the game as well. Psywar#1854 if you want to add me.

I don't play much though usually only Friday or Sat. I have only made it through act 1 on Inferno so far.

The other thing I want to add is I am thinking the game will run ok on 56kbps modem if you still use one.

My buddy has satellite and it is pretty sucky and it still runs the game pretty decent..

Please don't start this argument. :)

I am plugging right along. I am only only Act II hell with my Demon Hunter, Catnap. I got bored of my monk and went DH. I still enjoy playing the game, but am limiting myself to a few hours per day. I have way too many other projects to do. I was a late comer to the auction house, but am starting to use it. No real money for me though. I just don;t like spending cash on virtual weapons and the like. I don't play enough to "farm" and collect good enough stuff to sell for cash.

Please don't start this argument. :)

NO......NOT THE DRM PIRACY CONVERSATION AGAIN!!!! I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! GOING MAD!!!!

Edited by InCrYsIs

I am plugging right along. I am only only Act II hell with my Demon Hunter, Catnap. I got bored of my monk and went DH. I still enjoy playing the game, but am limiting myself to a few hours per day. I have way too many other projects to do. I was a late comer to the auction house, but am starting to use it. No real money for me though. I just don;t like spending cash on virtual weapons and the like. I don't play enough to "farm" and collect good enough stuff to sell for cash.

I am playing a Monk as well.. or I should say still am playing a Monk. I really enjoy the playing style. Way of a Thousand Fists is just awesome! The final blow heads being popped off.. Bodies flying off the screen.. Awesomesauce.

I am sitting at 800ish resistance to all elements. I have decent gear and I am still getting thrashed by enemies. I have not played since the 1.03 update though. So hopefully with the dmg output reduced by the enemies I will survive a bit better.

My abilities are mostly all survival.

I have the heal ability, serenity, and way of a thousand fists. I do alright enough surviving in a group. I am generally used as a Tank because of my high resistance gear.

I did Whimyshire (there is no cow level) the other day for the first time on hell.. It was pretty awesome.. Unicorns and Teddy Bears.. I laughed so hard punching their heads off and seeing them laying on the ground.. It was pretty awesome.

Here are some screenies.

Screenshot002.jpg

Screenshot006.jpg

Screenshot007.jpg

just read it too. haha what a joke.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/21/blizzard-to-issue-refunds-to-south-korean-gamers-affected-by-diablo-3-server-problems/

the koreans know whats up though. good for them.

i wonder how long everyone else is gonna pretend they like the game and try to convince themselves that they didn't pay for a pile of garbage.

Edited by sack_patrol