Diablo 3

tkrow21

I suggest dropping some armor for more resists. My WD tank has all res 600-650, 32k HP, and 5k armor and wont get 1 hit by anything less then a boss through act 3 inferno. Act 2 is on farm mode, and I can solo 3 but my DPS stinks so the higher drop rate is not worth the extra time it takes per kill. Resists help a TON against elites, even with small amounts of LoH you can ignore plague and molten, and even a stack of Desecrator.

Now that IAS was super-nerfed, LoH seems to be the best stat for Inferno.

Wow, so I need to get another 200 toward resists. I so don't want to spend money in the auction house. We played through Act 3 and 4 on hell with valor jacked and found trash rares.

Sadly drops are trash until inferno. I wouldn't farm hell unless you just want gold.

Act 2 is a good mix of drop chance/ difficulty for most decked out 60s, but act 1 is much easier.

Act 3 and 4 you need mostly ilvl63 stuff to not get rolled by elites. Its nasty lol.

Sadly drops are trash until inferno. I wouldn't farm hell unless you just want gold.

Act 2 is a good mix of drop chance/ difficulty for most decked out 60s, but act 1 is much easier.

Act 3 and 4 you need mostly ilvl63 stuff to not get rolled by elites. Its nasty lol.

Well sadly can't farm something that simply isn't playable at this point. I can't beat any combo of three elites. Instant death.

I get most of my gear from the gold auction house. No shame in doing so... most drops are junk. I have found a couple nice weapons, but that's about it.

I have two characters in Inferno. A level 60 barbarian and a level 60 monk. Both are mega all-resist, 800 resist / 8k def on the barbarian and 600 resist / 5k def on the monk. 10:1 seems to work pretty well. I need to find a balance between the primary stats and the necessary secondary ones. Str + vit for the barbarian and dex + vit for the monk. Perhaps a 2:1 ratio might work.

Any tips for high level healing? Most things don't do much for a 30k HP character. Is it all HP regen or life per hit or what?

Ok, here's a quirk. I've found 4 legendary items: a giant skull (ok), two junk butcher's sickles (why two of them?) and a grandfather (also junk). Are they just for creating firery brimstone at this point? At what ilvl does the item need to be to make the brimstone?

I suggest dropping some armor for more resists. My WD tank has all res 600-650, 32k HP, and 5k armor and wont get 1 hit by anything less then a boss through act 3 inferno. Act 2 is on farm mode, and I can solo 3 but my DPS stinks so the higher drop rate is not worth the extra time it takes per kill. Resists help a TON against elites, even with small amounts of LoH you can ignore plague and molten, and even a stack of Desecrator.

Now that IAS was super-nerfed, LoH seems to be the best stat for Inferno.

A friend had given me a two hander that upped my DPS by about 5k but I lost the 438 LoH and even with the extra damage I couldn't hang. Switched back and things go much smoother.

So frustrated right now. Inferno is just so impossible for me. My resist are up to 450 across the board. My damage is around 7000 without buffs. Armor is around 6000. Thats after I went through auction house trying to find reasonable things. Thinks this character is just screwed. I tried farming hell and I can;t find jack squat. Very annoyed. If anyone has Monk stuff that can help me let me know by PM. We can meet in game and maybe I have something you might want.

Oh yeah I upgraded staff of herding for nightmare so I'm broke.

You need more resist.

My Monk is sitting at 900ish resist across the board and we beat act 3 in Inferno last weekend.

Some of the abilities I found work best are the Healing ability then whatever rune adds armor or dodge or something.

Serenity - then pretty much whatever rune.

Blinding Light (I think its called) I use the rune that makes things attack each other. (Works quite often)

Then that AOE Vortex thing that circles you for extra damage. - Whatever rune.

Then depending on what I am doing I switch between Way of a Thousand Fist and Deadly reach.

This combo seems to work best for me..

You need to make sure you are using a weapon that gives you % of dmg converted to life. If your lucky you can find one with each hit adds (x)Life on it as well.

You want to use the mantra of healing and the rune that increases all your resistances.

Also I found it works best if you go Sword and Board for the added armor + Stats.

I would SS my char. page but Maintenance right now.

After the IAS Mega-nerf LoH became the new stat to stack for inferno. Paired with AoE's it is rediculous, even with the percent reduction they apply to it. I would expect it to be nerfed in the future. Basic plan now is to get resists/armor to whatever you need to not be 1 hit at your HP level ( around 600 Res each and 4700 armor if you have 30k HP), then just stack the heck out of LoH and use your widest area AoE with no CD. Make sure you have the gear/passives/skills to spam it, and you will not die to any trash mobs and elites won't kill you unless you mess up and get frozen/jailered/walled without an escape or if you run out of fuel for spamming.

Makes things soooo much easier, with enough LoH and the right build (AoE attacks, high resists, DoTs, and CC)you can just jump in and tank pretty much anything that's not a boss's special attack. This is only Act2, but look at the full health while sitting on two stacks of Desecrator plus Arcane and Frozen illusionists in a 4 player game. Nasty incoming damage, but you can see me holding them in the doorway while the rest of the team sits on the other side to nuke them down for me. My DPS is only 18k so I do better in teams in Act3 and beyond, but 1-2 are easy to solo after getting used to the new build. Skill is still needed - no matter how good you are if you get frozen while standing on Desecrator stacks with a few arcane beams headed your way you better have your escape move off of CD or you WILL die.

EcUBu.jpg?1

This is with the widely regarded weakest, and statistically least played class Witch Doctor. Apologies if its blurry, I resized it from 2560x1440.

After the IAS Mega-nerf LoH became the new stat to stack for inferno. Paired with AoE's it is rediculous, even with the percent reduction they apply to it. I would expect it to be nerfed in the future. Basic plan now is to get resists/armor to whatever you need to not be 1 hit at your HP level ( around 600 Res each and 4700 armor if you have 30k HP), then just stack the heck out of LoH and use your widest area AoE with no CD. Make sure you have the gear/passives/skills to spam it, and you will not die to any trash mobs and elites won't kill you unless you mess up and get frozen/jailered/walled without an escape or if you run out of fuel for spamming.

Makes things soooo much easier, with enough LoH and the right build (AoE attacks, high resists, DoTs, and CC)you can just jump in and tank pretty much anything that's not a boss's special attack. This is only Act2, but look at the full health while sitting on two stacks of Desecrator plus Arcane and Frozen illusionists in a 4 player game. Nasty incoming damage, but you can see me holding them in the doorway while the rest of the team sits on the other side to nuke them down for me. My DPS is only 18k so I do better in teams in Act3 and beyond, but 1-2 are easy to solo after getting used to the new build. Skill is still needed - no matter how good you are if you get frozen while standing on Desecrator stacks with a few arcane beams headed your way you better have your escape move off of CD or you WILL die.

EcUBu.jpg?1

This is with the widely regarded weakest, and statistically least played class Witch Doctor. Apologies if its blurry, I resized it from 2560x1440.

Yeah, Life on Hit does seem really useful. I wonder what Act 5 is going to be like with the Terror Demons...they basically negate any useful form of healing. Talk about terror....

What're some of these other acronyms for those of us "old folks"? DoT = damage over time? CC? CD?

Yeah, Life on Hit does seem really useful. I wonder what Act 5 is going to be like with the Terror Demons...they basically negate any useful form of healing. Talk about terror....

What're some of these other acronyms for those of us "old folks"? DoT = damage over time? CC? CD?

Yes, damage over time. CD I believe is cooldown.

Yeah.. DoT = Damage over Time, CC = Crowed Control, CD = Cooldowns, GG = Good Game, LOLUN00B! = Laughing out Loud, your a Newbie, QQ = Quit Crying. Less QQ Moar Pew Pew = Quit Crying and Put out some damn DPS. thumbsup3.gifteehee.gif

Okay so I hit you tube and found some monk builds and then hit the auction house. Me and my barb buddy are now stomping inferno elites and bosses. Got caught a few times in some tight spots with wallers but with buffs I am now putting out 13k and resists from a barb party buff go up to 800. So life is good again.

This leads me to another point. So the group of skills you use are pretty much keep me alive skills. Obviously the people that posted the build said you can have some variants depending on the party or solo or what gear you have but their is 4 or 5 skills that are a "must" in inferno. Seems kind of lame that you can;t change it up to keep things fun and fresh.

Does anyone want to hook up to play some co-op around here? I am PST usually play around 6pm.

Edited by InCrYsIs

Okay so I hit you tube and found some monk builds and then hit the auction house. Me and my barb buddy are now stomping inferno elites and bosses. Got caught a few times in some tight spots with wallers but with buffs I am now putting out 13k and resists from a barb party buff go up to 800. So life is good again.

This leads me to another point. So the group of skills you use are pretty much keep me alive skills. Obviously the people that posted the build said you can have some variants depending on the party or solo or what gear you have but their is 4 or 5 skills that are a "must" in inferno. Seems kind of lame that you can;t change it up to keep things fun and fresh.

Does anyone want to hook up to play some co-op around here? I am PST usually play around 6pm.

Yea, sadly as inferno sits now, at least for act2 and up, each class has skills or stats that are pretty much must haves. Not much variety possible when half the builds that worked fine in hell get demolished in inferno.

My friend tried a pet doctor using STR after the inferno nerf and it does great in 1, but they all die from the very first pack in act3...not elites, just normal act3 whites wipe them out. So dumb that the pets won't scale with the primary stat of the class.

Game still needs a lot of work but has potential for sure.