Diablo 3

tkrow21

Such a dumb comment. D3 isn't short, took me like 20 hours to beat. And that is just on normal, you gotta add more time for each difficulty. And I think Blizzard hit it dead on with removing the skill/stat points, all I ever did in D2 was rush my chars and do Cow runs (back in the day) and Baal runs recently. Then just wait to 80 or 85 and put only what I needed. Where is the creativity in that? No point in saying that is so much better when you just rush. I spent more time ENJOYING the story in D3 than I did in D2. They just pull you in more with the cutscenes, mini movies, and background elements. Don't get me wrong, I love D2 and D1 and still play to this day, but you cannot say D3 isn't enjoyable when that would be a flat out lie to almost everyone that owns the game.

Edit* Also, if you don't like the game, why keep posting comments in the games thread? Such a waste of a post.

:withstupid: :withstupid:

Nailed it.

My level 50 monk is getting crushed by Izzy in Act IV Nightmare. I so need a way to select a party instead of getting whatever people drop in. We had two monk and a barb and were getting killed.

Edit* Also, if you don't like the game, why keep posting comments in the games thread? Such a waste of a post.

Why do people get all uppity when someone doesn't like D3 and posts their opinion of it? God forbid someone wait over a decade for something and be totally disappointed in how it turned out.

There was pre-D2 Blizzard and post-WoW Blizzard. People that want a game more like D2 with no online requirement for a single player game, no RMT auction house, has LAN support and modability will be getting TL2. Fact.

Edited by Coors

Why do people get all uppity when someone doesn't like D3 and posts their opinion of it? God forbid someone wait over a decade for something and be totally disappointed in how it turned out.

There was pre-D2 Blizzard and post-WoW Blizzard. People that want a game more like D2 with no online requirement for a single player game, no RMT auction house, has LAN support and modability will be getting TL2. Fact.

And you take my comment out of context, you have to look back and see how many times these same guys keep replying, knocking on the game. One or two times, ok sure. They post tons of times saying the game is crap, while arguing with the people that actually own the game.

And your point about Torchlight 2? I have the game pre-ordered already and you don't see me knocking D3 about how great Torchlight 2 will be. They are different games, if there weren't differences then not one person would buy both lol. I think D3 is a good game, a few minor issues does not make me dislike it. And I also think Torchlight 2 will be a good game, but of course you have to wait for the actual game. No sense judging on beta play.

Edited by TraptPatriot

And you take my comment out of context, you have to look back and see how many times these same guys keep replying, knocking on the game. One or two times, ok sure. They post tons of times saying the game is crap, while arguing with the people that actually own the game.

And your point about Torchlight 2? I have the game pre-ordered already and you don't see me knocking D3 about how great Torchlight 2 will be. They are different games, if there weren't differences then not one person would buy both lol. I think D3 is a good game, a few minor issues does not make me dislike it. And I also think Torchlight 2 will be a good game, but of course you have to wait for the actual game. No sense judging on beta play.

A decade of waiting can make people pretty bitter. A decade.

A decade of waiting can make people pretty bitter. A decade.

I seriously doubt it took them a decade to make the game. People saying "I can't wait for the next Diablo" is different than when they actually start working on it. I, too, could not wait for the next Diablo, but I did not rightly think they were going to start on it right after D2 came out lol, that would be idiocy.

I seriously doubt it took them a decade to make the game. People saying "I can't wait for the next Diablo" is different than when they actually start working on it. I, too, could not wait for the next Diablo, but I did not rightly think they were going to start on it right after D2 came out lol, that would be idiocy.

That's exactly what they did...2001 was the start of development. It's been over a decade and they've abandoned most of what made Diablo and Diablo 2 hits.

They made an all new hit, the best selling PC game of all time. I think its pretty good.

No one's doubting Blizzard made a ton of money. That doesn't mean they made a great game. Many people bought the game on name alone. Oh, it's a Diablo game? BUY! Oh, it's a Blizzard game? BUY!

The real question is, how many people are still enjoying it? How many people think it's money well spent? According to user reviews, not many. Those that just care about the story get it all in one playthrough on Normal, which can be completed in a day and D3 simply doesn't have the same replayability as D2, so those people are left disappointed. I already know several people that stopped playing it - people that put hundreds of hours into D2.

Two such people I spoke with (completely separately, not knowing the other said the same thing to me) couldn't understand why Blizzard decided to use the ancient approach of unlocking difficulties when they're trying to "innovate" and push the genre forward. They're fully aware that that's how it was in D2, but out of all the things Blizzard decided to keep the same, they couldn't understand why they chose that. They were upset that the game was way too easy on Normal and very little is added in subsequent difficulties aside from enemies with more health, and elite monsters that can spawn with a few more abilities. Torchlight 2, on the flip side, allows you to choose between four different difficulties from the get-go, and you're always able to change to another difficulty if you find one too easy or too hard.

It's great that a few of you are enjoying it and think it was well worth the money, but don't be so jaded to think there aren't a ton of people that are disappointed with the game, not just those that chose not to buy it, but also those that did and are regretting that decision.

PS. I'm a fast typer. It doesn't take me very long to write a post, so to think I'm wasting my time posting about a game I'm not playing is ridiculous. That's like wondering why people post about games that aren't out yet. Besides, I'm getting a master's in game design - I like to keep up on all types of games whether I'm playing them or not. When I'm developing games later in my life, if nothing else, D3 provides me many lessons of what NOT to do ;)