Diablo 3

tkrow21

Sounds more like a problem with the GAME store than with Australia. :dunno:

You know what's worse tho, people are going to be $100-$150 out of pocket with a game releasing tomorrow and they will likely be unable to pre order anywhere else in time of they even feel like spending more money.

Wouldn't they only be out $5? On pre-orders at GameStop you put down $5 to reserve a copy and then pay in full when the game comes in. Though I'm sure some people probably paid in full at the time of their pre-order, I don't know of a store that makes you do that.

Wouldn't they only be out $5? On pre-orders at GameStop you put down $5 to reserve a copy and then pay in full when the game comes in. Though I'm sure some people probably paid in full at the time of their pre-order, I don't know of a store that makes you do that.

Just checked and it's a $10 minimum deposit and with release so close a lot of people will have secured their orders. Especially those that where hoping to have their stuff posted to them.

Check AUS history with games (bans, censors, pricing, and etc). This is another example off a very long list of gaming gone wrong in AUS. Most devs dread submitting their games to AUS for an age rating.

Edited by AZNguyen

Check AUS history with games (bans, censors, pricing, and etc). This is another example off a very long list of gaming gone wrong in AUS. Most devs dread submitting their games to AUS for an age rating.

More like GAME UK entered administration in March, which affected GAME Australia a little later.

I read I lovely article the other day by I guy who worked for 8 years in the aus classifications board and he said it was downright horrible work and many classifications where poorly made.

They had to get video submissions of all the violent, sexual etc scenes and they where played in an order that went from most violent or shocking to least. Which means the violence that may have been justified through the course of a movie or game but was shown entirely out of context. For the authour of the article one of the worse things he sat through was 45mins of rape, violence in death played in clips that roughly went from the end of the movies to the start in order. There was no context no understanding, no way possible of understanding what happened in the movie it was just a blur of shocking and violent scenes. So it is very hard to grant classification if thats the process of examing things.

Games that offer . as a reward are instantly refused classification until the reward is removed (the . isn't an issue the . as a reward is) so in witcher 2 the two scenes where you can accept or refuse . as a reward you only get one option in aus and that is to politely refuse. Games that also use drugs or boosts that are too close in looks or delivery to illicit or medicinal drugs are also refused classification until that aspect is changed.

The board only gets to see one side of a game and that side might be one hour of violence and gore that is all condensed down when it may otherwise play out across the course of 30-40 hours of game time. So they never really get a good picture of things. Along with the fact the good parts where your player may be acting kind and benevolently are never touched on in these meetings.

It's a really sorry state that the classification board is in and i dont see it changing any time soon.

Went to click on install and it can't open a dozen files. So much for the benefit of preloading. Re-downloading the game now, at least it maxed out my connection. Not going to be waiting for the midnight launch (3 am, my time).

remind me not to pre-order in Australia.

yeah no kidding! it is also odd they are calling bankruptcy "administration" , that makes no sense.

On a side note, after a bit hating the beta for the ugly cartoon art-style i'm going to give in and pick it up anyways (damn you blizzard!). They have always made quality games that keeps you going for weeks so i know my money will be well spent. I'll just have to turn the graphics to low and squint my eyes a little to avoid the ugly.

Edited by hornybluecow

GAME Australia pre-orders are being taken care of by Blizzard so long as the receipt was kept.

We're aware that some Australian GAME customers have been left out in the cold on what should be the hottest night of the year -- the launch of Diablo III. To help with this situation and get these players into the game as soon as possible, we've put the following process in place.

Australian GAME customers with a valid preorder/prepurchase receipt dated before May 15, 2012 can do the following:

1. Purchase the digital version of Diablo III from http://www.diablo3.com now or anytime before May 21, 2012.

2. Download and start playing when the servers go live!

3. Submit your GAME Australia preorder/prepurchase receipt to us before June 30, 2012.

4. Receive a credit from Blizzard, for the amount you paid in advance to GAME Australia for Diablo III. This credit will be applied to the payment method used for the digital purchase.