Best Monitor Size for gaming?

jdhatt

I think what you have in mind is perfect really. 27 inches is a good size for gaming in my opinion, depending on what resolution you use anyway, and I also think Samsung is a good brand when it comes to displays.

Personally I use a 28" Hannspree TV 1920x1200 and I love gaming and watching movies on it. :D

Edited by Deathmineral

before you even think about a large monitor you need to decide what graphic card fits in your budget and what games you want to play

Graphics card will likely be a GTX 570 (possible SLI in the future) or ill wait for kepler.....my budget for a GPU is 300-350 MAX

before you even think about a large monitor you need to decide what graphic card fits in your budget and what games you want to play

Reading the thread would probably help you not make posts like this.

OP - I game/work/everything on a 42" 1080p monitor. I don't think I could go back to using something under 30". There's just no better way to immerse yourself in your game than to have your field of view filled with your monitor.

I sit ~2-3 feet away from mine and it's amazing to play games - just remember that you'll probably end up cranking up FSAA a bit more than before since you can see the pixels themselves much better. Jaggies suck. :P

I certainly wouldn't say my reaction times are slower with a larger monitor - if anything they are better. Slight movement is extremely easy to see even in dark scenes.

Edited by Waco

Reading the thread would probably help you not make posts like this.

OP - I game/work/everything on a 42" 1080p monitor. I don't think I could go back to using something under 30". There's just no better way to immerse yourself in your game than to have your field of view filled with your monitor.

I sit ~2-3 feet away from mine and it's amazing to play games - just remember that you'll probably end up cranking up FSAA a bit more than before since you can see the pixels themselves much better. Jaggies suck. :P

I certainly wouldn't say my reaction times are slower with a larger monitor - if anything they are better. Slight movement is extremely easy to see even in dark scenes.

hrmmm....i never thought about it that way lol, i always just figured having to turn my head to get a full view of the screen would cause my gaming abilities to go downhill. my monitor and all my peripherals will be sitting on a very simple table/desk in my room so i wont have the 2-3 foot room that u do, so id definately be blinding myself with a 42" haha.....the max id go is 27 inches....the lowest id go is 24", its just a matter of choosing between that range, anyone recommend any specific monitors they like? for 27" i was hoping 1920x1200

For gaming, I'd say the ideal size is 22"-26". I like sitting pretty close to my desk and monitor, so 24" would be the best for me. Try going to a store and standing about as far from the monitor as you would sitting down at home while gaming. It gets REALLY annoying if it's too large.

I've got a 40" that I use daily for school, work, and gaming. Really do like playing games with it. Even though I get motion sickness playing most games, the larger screen doesn't make me more or less sick! haha

I can say I have played on a 60" but that's from a good 4-5 feet away. It makes for a great game, but definitely not something you want for everyday gaming. lol

of course I read the first post

OP - I game/work/everything on a 42" 1080p monitor.

lmfao....

just when I thought you couldn't post something dumber than the last time I talked to you

you know, I can't say that big screens are the best choice for RTS games.

this is the monitor I would buy under 500$ PA246Q

If you want to use something like a 40" you should consider dual monitors. I plug my TV in through HDMI to watch HD videos but I would never consider working on it

Edited by potatochobit

I use a 32" Sony Bravia HDTV & love it @ 1920 X 1080p, before that was a 24" acer 1920 X 1200, I definitely like the Sony better for gaming & movie watching ,but it took some getting accustomed too. I feel anything from 22" to 32" is ideal...

I use a 22" Dell LCD at 1680x1050 and I don't really feel like I am missing anything on screen. Occasionally I will hook up my Sony Bravia 32" LCD TV to my machine if I get a new game, but it rarely stays like that.

For gaming, it should be about user preference. I stick with my smaller 22" LCD because I am used to it. It just fits with how I play games because I have been using it for a couple years now. If you really need direction though, find something that will be comfortable on the eyes for long periods of time, and is height adjustable so you don't screw up your neck. Looking up or down for extended periods of time can cause problems...go ahead ask me how I know lol

of course I read the first post

lmfao....

just when I thought you couldn't post something dumber than the last time I talked to you

wow... would have to say something is far up your rear end... :whistling:

Anyway, like I already mentioned I also use a 40'' monitor for everything... I prefer it to duel monitors by far. It's so nice to be able to sit back and work without strain. Games are awesome and whats better than having a multipurpose monitor? I don't want to have a TV and two monitors on my desk just so I can enjoy movies and games separately (why not bring them together). Seems like a waste of space and money to me. :cheers:

nothing is wrong at all

IF YOU LIKE TO READ THE INTERNETZ LIKE THIS my mom once told me not to sit too close to the TV it makes you go blind

let's learn about DEPTH PERCEPTION

yeah, I am mean to Waco because he deserves it! stabby!

and R U SHUR it's nice to sit back or do you tilt your head upward when typing

maybe you are just used to it, dont compare gaming in a chair with a controller, to typing at a desk, it's not the same

Edited by potatochobit