first build

katokato

it is better to run two sticks of memory in AMD systems for dual channel instead of 1 stick

so you want 2x 2GB

though it doesnt really matter

Well its better for future upgrades.

Edited by Black6464

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright ill get teh 2x2 sitcks.

sorry, i already bought that antec powersupply but i dont think i lost much when you think about it, the antec one has 2 12v rails at 22 amps (i know it sucks but i dont think i lost much).

at the time that i bought that antec i bought it for 74 dollars. Sorry, but if i do have a next build i will consider those power supplies.

i dont think ill ever need more than 8 gigs anyways (hopefully i wont remember this sentence in the next few years or so, reminds me of bill gates's quote).

one thing that concerns me though, those 2x2 sticks have preety big heatspreaders on it, will they interfere with an aftermarket cooler???

for dual channel, i just put one stick on like a red colored slot, and the other stick on a different colored slot right(a1 and b1)?

also on the mobo, if i decide to crossfire it wont be that great since the other pciex16 slot is only running at x4, so if i ever want to upgrade a gpu i will just have to get a stronger single card...

Edited by katokato

alright ill get teh 2x2 sitcks.

sorry, i already bought that antec powersupply but i dont think i lost much when you think about it, the antec one has 2 12v rails at 22 amps (i know it sucks but i dont think i lost much).

at the time that i bought that antec i bought it for 74 dollars. Sorry, but if i do have a next build i will consider those power supplies.

i dont think ill ever need more than 8 gigs anyways (hopefully i wont remember this sentence in the next few years or so, reminds me of bill gates's quote).

one thing that concerns me though, those 2x2 sticks have preety big heatspreaders on it, will they interfere with an aftermarket cooler???

for dual channel, i just put one stick on like a red colored slot, and the other stick on a different colored slot right(a1 and b1)?

No need to apologize about the PSU. We were just trying get your more for less thats all. If you got it cheap then thats all good :)

As for dual channel, some motherboards are different to others so you should look at your mobo manual for the right configuration.

Right on about the PCIe running at X4 that won't be ideal for 2 cards. Look to a single powerful card instead unless you can get a better mobo...

Edited by Alexandre

sorry man i already got that rosewill one. oh well. at least it comes with extra fan but whatever.

ill buy the parts tomorrow (cpu, ram, mobo).

For future references, give us a yell before you buy things - it could be better for you pocket :)

Can't wait to see the completed build!