first build

katokato

solid looking build, although as far as your ram situation i thought the same thing, dont need more than 4, well if you ever multi task espicially using more than one monitor, it really helps, i noticed a very nice performance boost going from 4 to 8.

and for the ocing, thing, i got my 965 to 3.6 on stock cooler, and it kept it below 62 degrees, and im pretty sure they are the same amd cooler, scince the chip is the same and all, so you should get 3.4 no problem on your stock cooler. if your looking for a good cooler i got my 965 4.0 stable on a coolermaster v6, NON gt version, with an added 120mm fan, off of the egg for 49.99 the gt version is a rip off, i think especially if you already have the extra 120 mil fan laying around

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

solid looking build, although as far as your ram situation i thought the same thing, dont need more than 4, well if you ever multi task espicially using more than one monitor, it really helps, i noticed a very nice performance boost going from 4 to 8.

and for the ocing, thing, i got my 965 to 3.6 on stock cooler, and it kept it below 62 degrees, and im pretty sure they are the same amd cooler, scince the chip is the same and all, so you should get 3.4 no problem on your stock cooler. if your looking for a good cooler i got my 965 4.0 stable on a coolermaster v6, NON gt version, with an added 120mm fan, off of the egg for 49.99 the gt version is a rip off, i think especially if you already have the extra 120 mil fan laying around

the gt version is not too bad

for the price of 10 bucks more you can get another fan and "Engine oil cap controls the LED strip with color changing function."

you can change the color to match your case!

P.S. the fan has air flow of 93.74 CFM

For future references, give us a yell before you buy things - it could be better for you pocket :)

Can't wait to see the completed build!

well its going to be 1 more month before i can get all of the parts, since i need to wait for the money to come in.

also what is the difference between black edition and normal edition?

the standard has locked multipliers so you can only overclock via the FSB which overclocks the ram too so if you dont know what ye be doing it will start bsod'ing! But take advice from somebody who actally overclocked before! I did once but it was a gfx card!

i may get that one since its the same thing but cheaper (just the diff in speed is not that bad, but then again if i overclock ill be doing it from the multiplier black edition).

it doesnt come with any fancy heatspreaders but i dont care for those. its just aesthetics and ram doesnt melt like cpus do in the first place.

time to roll that dice again.

i may get that one since its the same thing but cheaper (just the diff in speed is not that bad, but then again if i overclock ill be doing it from the multiplier black edition).

it doesnt come with any fancy heatspreaders but i dont care for those. its just aesthetics and ram doesnt melt like cpus do in the first place.

time to roll that dice again.

yup you got it all right, memory is memory. Plus, I hear AMD's like lower speed sticks (though you could try tightening up the timings for fun)

I'd get a different case.

That at least has cable management.

Also, nothing wrong with ValueRam.

I have 4 sticks (4x1gb).

You can always buy your own heat spreaders with the money you save.

Edited by jjjrmy

in the end i decided to go with gskill

i dont want to buy value ram.

and its only a few bucks more which can save me a bunch of trouble.

not likely, because now I'll never letcha hear the end of it :P