Japan quake

mikedosul

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was kind of weird seeing the clip on the Weather Channel of one of the airports, Tokyo's I believe, have this mass of water rush in all in the course of 10 seconds or so.

I heard from one of my friends in Japan. He's doing fine, the area he lives in (Kagawa) was in a tsunami warning but he seems to be doing alright. As for my friend in Tokyo, nothing yet.

Radiation Levels Surge Outside Two Nuclear Plants in Japan

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/11/japan-issues-emergency-nuke-plant-leak/

Might be the most dangerous and deadly aspect of this.

I love how they say that the radiation is outside the plant in the headline, but it's not really leaking out of the containment vessel. The Japanese have surely built there reactors to withstand just about any earthquake imaginable. They would have SCRAM'ed the reactor the second they detected a major quake.

Edited by TheHippi

Jesus.. and they say natural catastrophes are only going to get more frequent and more intense..

God help us, and best of luck to anyone effected by this that you may or may not know.

Really makes you cherish the moment. Safety is one thing never promised that we all take for granted.

I'm so so so SO angry right now!

http://twitpic.com/48srxx

How can people really be so heartless?!

:angry: :angry: :angry: How can they be so heartless? I bet none of those people are older enough to remember Pearl Harbor, and even if they could they ought to remember that we nuked the Japaneses and that had a longer term effect than Pearl Harbor, if anyone should want revenge it should be the Japanese. Why should Pearl Harbor even have anything to do with this earthquake?