[WTB] C2Q 45nm

CowKing

With new games I thought I would buy a new CPU to give a little extra time on my 775 machine.

I would prefer one of the Q9X50 CPUs, but I'm willing to negotiate if you have another model that OC well (above 3.8GHz).

I'm looking at spending $40-$55 on the regular version and up to $75 on the extreme versions.

This might seem a little low, but that's what they are worth

You wish that's what they are worth :lol: , if I were you I'd sell the C2D system and get an AM3 system. it's a seller's market for 775, as a buyer you will be overcharged though.

if I hadnt already promised mine to another member I'd put it up forsale but I would want at least 100.00 for it....

you might try Evilbay...

I didn't want to say anything, but I'm gonna have to agree with the both of you. I don't think anyone's gonna sell it for that cheap, and saying "that's what they go for" doesn't make it true. However, good luck buying one.

sorry man...LGA775 is beyond overpriced, no way u could find one at that price. My CORE Extreme QX9650 set me back about $260 alone (and i bought it recently too)

Edited by Reaper_88

I didn't want to say anything, but I'm gonna have to agree with the both of you. I don't think anyone's gonna sell it for that cheap, and saying "that's what they go for" doesn't make it true. However, good luck buying one.

I never said that. I said "That's what they're worth" big difference. If I buy one for more than $125-$200 it automatically becomes the worst deal ever. I could just as well buy an SB system for around $300-$500 and be WAY ahead of the curve, but no I choose to stick with my current system because 1) I have an OEM version of W7 and 2) I don't feel like paying that much for performance I don't need.

sorry man...LGA775 is beyond overpriced, no way u could find one at that price. My CORE Extreme QX9650 set me back about $260 alone (and i bought it recently too)

I think this is the problem. To many people accepting the prices and not saying it should be lower. By all means gratz on buying it, but wow did you overpay.

I never said that. I said "That's what they're worth" big difference. If I buy one for more than $125-$200 it automatically becomes the worst deal ever. I could just as well buy an SB system for around $300-$500 and be WAY ahead of the curve, but no I choose to stick with my current system because 1) I have an OEM version of W7 and 2) I don't feel like paying that much for performance I don't need.

I think this is the problem. To many people accepting the prices and not saying it should be lower. By all means gratz on buying it, but wow did you overpay.

Yup i did im not ashamed of it. Did under the same reasoning as you..i wanted to stick with my platform. However it doesnt matter if people accept the price and overpay...doesnt change anything ur still stuck with having to overpay for a 775 cpu

Edited by Reaper_88

LGA775 is dead, but dont sweat it, that cpu is no slouch, ! you could use a bit more memory, but if is just gaming then is ok, maybe a better gpu.

Just a tip Cow, with the OEM versions just call up Microsoft and tell them you switch your motherboards a lot and explain to them you build your own pc and change it a lot. They would most likely give you another activation, they just don't want their copies being used on more than 1 running PC.

Good luck with finding a cpu.

Just a tip Cow, with the OEM versions just call up Microsoft and tell them you switch your motherboards a lot and explain to them you build your own pc and change it a lot. They would most likely give you another activation, they just don't want their copies being used on more than 1 running PC.

Good luck with finding a cpu.

its much easier if you DONT call the Outsourced 1-800 number. If you call the Toll number its much easier and alot let hassle as thats a MS direct number....