ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3

Anyone have this board or a board with a similar BIOS? I had a Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H that the ASUS replaced and the BIOS on the Gigabyte was fairly straight forward. The ASUS BIOS however is down right crazy confusing. So many menus to drill down into, I am not even sure if I have seen everything.

Anyone know if there is anyway to dumb it up some so you don't have to go into like 4 menus just to change HD Audio settings or switch the order of the Graphics cards. Anything really.

Maybe I am just crying over spilt milk and that is just how it is.

I use this board and personally I like all the features it gives me, even if I don't use them much since I don't do any overclocking. I would just say to look at it as if you have a lot more control and freedom rather than seeing it as an obstacle.

I use this board and personally I like all the features it gives me, even if I don't use them much since I don't do any overclocking. I would just say to look at it as if you have a lot more control and freedom rather than seeing it as an obstacle.

Any qurks you have noticed with this? and do you use that software loader thing that the BIOS shows you when you first turn it on, I forget what it is called, I have dubbed it "that green screen"

Any qurks you have noticed with this? and do you use that software loader thing that the BIOS shows you when you first turn it on, I forget what it is called, I have dubbed it "that green screen"

Can't say I've come across any problems or quirks, I believe that has to do with how little I've gone into the BIOS though. The only time I ever had to really go into it and do a little digging was to get my new 3 monitor setup working by using a feature in the BIOS called SurroundView, that's about the only thing I had trouble with but it works great now.

As far as that green screen goes, I can't say I've come across that, that could be something in a newer version of the BIOS? I'm not sure when you got your board but I got mine last year around the beginning of December.

Can't say I've come across any problems or quirks, I believe that has to do with how little I've gone into the BIOS though. The only time I ever had to really go into it and do a little digging was to get my new 3 monitor setup working by using a feature in the BIOS called SurroundView, that's about the only thing I had trouble with but it works great now.

As far as that green screen goes, I can't say I've come across that, that could be something in a newer version of the BIOS? I'm not sure when you got your board but I got mine last year around the beginning of December.

I have had mine for 1 week. The "green screen" I am talking about is the GUI screen that comes up when you first turn on the computer. When I get home I will look up what it is called. Suposedly if I read about it right you can make it sort of like an "Instant On" for web browsing and photo viewing.

are we complaining that you lost 5 seconds of your life pressing buttons in a menu?

exactly what is your dumb butt doing that you need to disable the audio every time you start the computer

I'm just messing with you but I think you are worrying over nothing

you could send asus customer support a message, "your bios sucks!"

I don't know of anyway to change the GUI and I dont recommend you flash it out of spec

some motherboards do have a special feature, 6 seconds to internet or something

Edited by potatochobit

are we complaining that you lost 5 seconds of your life pressing buttons in a menu?

exactly what is your dumb butt doing that you need to disable the audio every time you start the computer

I'm just messing with you but I think you are worrying over nothing

you could send ASUS customer support a message, "your bios sucks!"

I don't know of anyway to change the GUI and I don't recommend you flash it out of spec

some motherboards do have a special feature, 6 seconds to internet or something

nono, I was just using the audio feature as an example because while looking threw the BIOS to see what was where, I happen to take note that changing the audio from HD to AC90(what ever number it is) was like several menus in. I guess I am complaining to complain. Seeing if anyone else agrees with me which someone else did, stating that Gigabytes BIOS is way better than ASUS :biggrin:

as for the GUI it is not the BIOS GUI it is the POST GUI kind of like when you buy an HP and it says HP on the turn on screen, only this has menus and you can do stuff with it, again though I am still not home (at work) so I will have to mess with it more there and post what I find.

So I see that you edited your post..... must of made fun of me more harshly in your original post :lol:

ASUS BIOS are more for the advanced overclocker! I can def see where they would be overwhelming to a user who hasn't experienced them yet! But like Death said, I personally love the wide open BIOS that ASUS offers! It might take some more time to learn what everything is, but in the long run it will certainly increase your knowledge ;)

hmmm, this is the board i plan on getting, other than the lengthy bios hows it treatin' ya?

So far so good. Only real complaint I have is that 4 of the SATA is on the board, and 2 are kinda on the side of it. Wish they were all in one spot. Other than that, I think the board is doing ok. Oh one more thing, It is highly anoying that in order to use one external graphics card, it has to go in the bottom slot. WIsh it would go in the top, which it will but then it will only be 8x rather than 16x in the bottom.

hmmm.. thanks for the info

i never even think to look at a close up pic or worry about stuff like that when im in the mix of comparing mobos

may be a little speed bump but i can probably over look all of it for the features vs. price