Wow...never thought this would happen!!!

Waco

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Makes me a little nervous of messing around too much with my own DFI P35-T2RL.

I think mine is older than yours too (early 2008).

With a dual core you should be fine. Waco blew out the power limits of the board with a Q6600... it just couldn't take it anymore.

wtyp.pngdscf3185h.th.jpg

Thats what you get for overclocking.

:evil stare:

+1

Edited by BluePanda

After talking with DFI they are going to let me RMA it. Knowing how most RMAs work I'll probably be waiting at least a month or two to get one back from them.

Well at least Panda just finished having that computer built eh?

Enjoy Win98 for a month.

:P

Well at least Panda just finished having that computer built eh?

Enjoy Win98 for a month.

:P

Just play some command and conquer: Red Alert!! The original was amazing. There are so many games that i would enjoy playing again on a OS that actually supports them!! Its kind of nice when the games dont crash every 20 minutes due to massive OS incompatibility issues!

Just play some command and conquer: Red Alert!! The original was amazing. There are so many games that i would enjoy playing again on a OS that actually supports them!! Its kind of nice when the games dont crash every 20 minutes due to massive OS incompatibility issues!

You do know that you can install those games on Windows 7 or whatever, you just need to right-click on the executable and launch in Windows 98 mode or whatever. At least, that's what my bro and I did to play Risk.

Yeah... all those little power chips around the socket get really hot if you have a waterblock (and hence no CPU fan)... I think on my DFI 680i LT boards, even with the small heatsinks, they must have been something like 150°C or more (by finger-thermometer lol)

Maybe next time have a more powerful exhaust fan at the CPU area? I still run my industrial-grade 38mm thick Panaflos throughout mine heh

Yeah... all those little power chips around the socket get really hot if you have a waterblock (and hence no CPU fan)... I think on my DFI 680i LT boards, even with the small heatsinks, they must have been something like 150°C or more (by finger-thermometer lol)

Maybe next time have a more powerful exhaust fan at the CPU area? I still run my industrial-grade 38mm thick Panaflos throughout mine heh

That's the odd thing - they essentially had six 38mm Nidec Beta V fans blowing right across them. There's no reason they should have gotten any hotter than with any other cooling setup. :dunno:

Edited by Waco

Sorry about your luck waco. I am glad dfi will take it in. Hopefully you get one quick.... Unlike corsair with my ram. Computer been down sense the start of this month and corsair has had the memory for almost 18 days and they have not done anything with it.... SHEESH.