The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

I wonder how it would compare to something like Digital Vibrance, seems to do the same thing. It looks like it does very little as to concern with AA quality.

But then again Digital Vibrance will apply to everything (not a good thing) while this FXAA will only apply to your game.

With some color correction, I'm sure you can get the same results on a console/HDTV.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Yep, those instructions are fine. It's a simple thing really. Just drop all of the xtracted files and folders into the same folder that contains the bf3.exe

There are several different modified injFX_Settings.h files already out there. I tried quite a few before I came across one where the colors didn't seem overblown. I can host it or email to anyone that wants a copy. Just PM me.

The nice thing is that FXAA anti-aliasing really works well and is a def performance improvement over MSAA, and at least for me there isn't much difference in PQ between the two. You can also toggle FXAA on and off using the Pause/Break key :)

Enjoy - I have been. I guess the only real question that has come up is whether this constitutes a cheat or not. You'll get varying opinions on that, but I'm of the camp that doesn't think using a new nVidia AA method and some color tweaks constitutes a cheat in any fashion.

Enjoy - I have been. I guess the only real question that has come up is whether this constitutes a cheat or not. You'll get varying opinions on that, but I'm of the camp that doesn't think using a new nVidia AA method and some color tweaks constitutes a cheat in any fashion.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter what you think. What matters is what Punkbuster or any other anti-cheat program thinks is cheating. I think there's a way to boost the color just in the driver settings, let me look for a second.

Edit: Okay, on Nvidia cards you go to the nvidia control panel under desktop color settings, and it's the digital vibrance setting. Unfortunately it changes everything, not just being application specific. So I guess you have to choose whether to risk modding game files or having to go back and change the setting all the time. Personally I like the fxaa injector better, but I was fine without it so I'll just not use either.

Edited by TheHippi

24 hours and no punts or other issues. Google and you can find some "off the record" comments on the subject. I considered the DV setting in the NV control panel, but that doesn't give you FXAA......................

For anyone wanting FXAA without the injector you can run nVidia inspector and enable it.

24 hours and no punts or other issues. Google and you can find some "off the record" comments on the subject. I considered the DV setting in the NV control panel, but that doesn't give you FXAA......................

For anyone wanting FXAA without the injector you can run nVidia inspector and enable it.

Doesn't mean they wont eventually change it.

Okay I don't know what's going on with my game. I have been getting terrible FPS the last month or two

Up until then I had settings set on "Auto" (a mix of high/medium) for me. I was getting at least 45-60fps on my HD5850 @ 885mhz. Now the last few times I've played I can't get but 20. I turned all the settings to Low and I can get 30ish. Completely unplayable. The only map I can get at least 45 on is Metro because it's so small and indoors.

Anybody else having this problem? Not sure what would of done this. I uninstalled the FXAA injector and eveything. Still getting crummy FPS. This is beyond frustrating, makes me quit after a game or two.

AlexO - after you try the fresh game install let us know. If you're still having the same issue open up task manager and see if there is anything else stealing cpu cycles or memory. I know even on my rig if I'm using 50% or more of my cores on some other task (take encoding for example) mine behaves the same way. One other thing I'd recommend is running a couple 3D benchmarks like 3DMark, Heaven or Vantage etc. and see if your 3D performance is up to par on everything else except BF3.

So far tonight if I've kept the tally right you've tried,

1. A game repair

2. Punkbuster update

3. The latest DirectX redistributable

4. Installed the latest AMD drivers

5. Reviewed the Win7 event log for errors

Anything I've missed?

Played for a while today.. and now all of a sudden getting kicked by PB for 2 minutes with a violation message that is cut off... download/updated PB and still get kicked... Any ideas.? I have not done the FXAA injector..