The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

My account was banned by EA today for no appearent reason by "the Fraud Management" . I don't hack or cheat. This is absolutely insane!

After a 22 minute wait for EA support's live chat(actually 44 minutes by my clock but what's another twenty minutes between friends?)

Jitendra:

I am afraid to tell you that your account is banned by the Fraud Management.

you:

For what? I do not hack or cheat

you:

There is absolutely nothing that I have done wrong!

Jitendra:

This decision is taken by the EA , I am afraid, the account can not be un banned.

you:

There has to be a reason. You can't just take my $59.99 pre-order, $50 Premium and not tell me a reason. I need a reason why my amoney is being stolen!

Jitendra:

You have been banned due to chargeback in Battlefield 3.

you:

What does that mean?

you:

I paid through PayPal and can produce the paid in full charges

you:

This wasn't through a credit card and the charges were never reversed

Jitendra:

Please contact the Paypal, they may assist you further with the issue.

Jitendra:

Please contact the local phone support too: 1-866-543-5435

you:

PayPal isn't the issue. EA accepted my payment and the charges have remained charged not reversed. This is ridiculous.

you:

Who's phone number is this?

you:

Jun 4, 2012 Payment To DigitalRiver US Inc Completed Details Payment To DigitalRiver US Inc 963233182Y464680M -$52.98 $0.00 -$52.98 USD

Jitendra:

Please contact the phone support, we would not be able to do anything from our end, I am really sorry for any disappointment this may cause to you.

you:

Whose phone support is this? I keep asking and you won't say. Is it a state kept secret or will you take another ten minutes to answer my simple question?

Jitendra:

It is EA phone support.

you:

Is this EA's 'the Fraud Management" team?

you:

Is there anyone there available now or do I have to wait until tomorrow?

Jitendra:

The hour of operation is 8AM-10PM EST

you:

wow that's worthless

Will I ever use Origin again?

Edited by rourkchris

Wow. Just remember, Origin is faultless and should never be compared to Steam. :lol:

Let it be known Steam has this issue as well. Not writing this for you, but I'm sure some dummy is going go in here and point figures and rant about it soon :D

Dang it Wev buy the premium pack so we can play any server together and where have you been when I am playing after work lol. So far all I have left of all the new assignments is the 1 EOD bot kill my poor boots keep going boom :( need boinker to join me so i can stat pad again lol

Hey Bishop. I was on vacation last week. Took a nice long motorcycle ride with my brother and caught a concert. Back home now though. Will probably be back on tonight or Wednesday. I'll watch for the EP to go on sale and snag it then. I'm not paying $49 bucks for it..... ever.

I'll watch for the EP to go on sale and snag it then. I'm not paying $49 bucks for it..... ever.

Its not just one expansion you're getting. It's all of them for $50, Back to Karkand, Closed Quarters, Armored Kill, Aftermath, and End Game. You can pay $15 for just Closed Quarters when it officially releases for non-premium users tomorrow according to BF3 website ($50, one time purchase).

Edited by AZNguyen

I've been considering just getting the one or two packs that I might actually play. I know that $50 for all of them is supposed to be a "deal", but that is a subjective claim IMHO.

A friend tried to purchase Battlefield 3 Premium for me but because the genius coders of Origin can't put gifting functionality into their product(unlike say other digital distributors like Steam) it didn't work. He then gifted the amount into my PayPal account and I purchased it myself. No fraud just EA is mad they didn't get to double bill me. They still accepted my payment from PayPal and have no plans on returning it. It was 102 degrees today so I came home exhausted and didn't get a chance to call their super efficient customer support and "the Fraud Management" team so I hope to try tomorrow.