The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

I've decided on getting BF3. Honestly screw MW3, I don't want to play 1/3 of MW2 and pay an extra $50 to get another 1/3 and pay $200+ on some crappy headset to get the last 1/3. BF3 here I come :)

Why are you including Call of Duty Elite and the Headset as 2/3 of the game? It would be like saying if you buy BF3 you have to include the prices of the Razer BF3 themed products too.

BF3, if you don't preorder you don't get Karkand ($15 at a later date). If you buy used, you need to buy an online pass ($15 at a later date).

Edited by Krazyxazn

Why are you including Call of Duty Elite and the Headset as 2/3 of the game? It would be like saying if you buy BF3 you have to include the prices of the Razer BF3 themed products too.

BF3, if you don't preorder you don't get Karkand ($15 at a later date). If you buy used, you need to buy an online pass ($15 at a later date).

Here is the maps available to play on immediately?

EDIT

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/xbox-360/32212-battlefield-3-multiplayer-maps-revealed/

Edited by Dan The Gamer

Here is the maps available to play on immediately?

Karkand will be releases sometime after the game. It will have PS3 timed exclusive. Which sounds weird, because console gamers never played those maps.

And yes those 9 or so maps are available at launch. Karkand are the BF2 maps.

Edited by Krazyxazn

So in the Geforce lan, a close friend played the bazaar map.. He said it's a good map for death match and rush.. If people love to fly, it is not a good map..

Takes both types I suppose, even though I liked both aspects of combat in BF2 I remember the hectic smaller city maps more fondly.

Why? Because with Elite you get all the DLCs(and they said something about releasing at least 9, which is at least 9 maps or maybe even better perks) while the headsets also give exclusive DLC. BF3 themed stuff doesn't give you exclusive DLC?

So lets see, $85 if we include Karkand, although I am pretty sure they said it would be free at a later date, versus $110+ (not including headset) for a game that is 2 years old. I don't know which is the better choice here, you tell me. :huh:

Why? Because with Elite you get all the DLCs(and they said something about releasing at least 9, which is at least 9 maps or maybe even better perks) while the headsets also give exclusive DLC. BF3 themed stuff doesn't give you exclusive DLC?

So lets see, $85 if we include Karkand, although I am pretty sure they said it would be free at a later date, versus $110+ (not including headset) for a game that is 2 years old. I don't know which is the better choice here, you tell me. :huh:

Physical Warfare preorder bonus will be free at a later date. Karkand Expansion Pack will not. DICE has never released an expansion pack for free. If they name it as DLC, then chances of it being free are much higher. Like BF2's booster packs (DLC) vs Special Forces (Expansion) and BC2: Vietnam (Expansion).

They haven't actually released what the exclusive content for the headset are yet. I'm pretty sure Infinity Ward won't go pay to win, so I wouldn't worry about exclusive perks or weapons. They are trying to build a competitive game and not a micro-transaction game.

As for paying for DLC, its what they've always done. See no point in bringing it up as its still an optional choice. If DLC isn't on-disc, then its free reign as actual DLC.

Unless you're living in some distant country where they all update servers to run DLC, that will be the only time buying DLC would be a requirement just to play the game.

A side from just pricing MW3 has public server files, theater mode, dedicated servers, and maybe some other features. Black Ops got mod tools, the chances of MW3 getting it as well aren't too shabby considering they've already pushed several PC-orientated features out for MW3.

Edited by Krazyxazn

You don't know who Bobby Kotick is. He famously said:"if I could charge more, I would". Cod is turning into micro transactions, a $50 subscription for an FPS? Its not needed, but you wont get the full game/experience without it. Kotick just needs to resign or drop dead so that we can finally get some actual NEW cods which aren't rehashes. He is the reason cod has become cod4 v3.0 with maps from cod4 for $50.

There was this one map in BF1942 Desert Combat that I loved that was in the middle of bazaar/town at night I can't remember the name... Thank god for google...............

omg spent literally 20 minutes trying to figure out the name of that map, it is basra nights! I loved that map so much!!!

I hope someone brings those old school maps back in BF3! That would be amazing!

Edited by greengiant912