The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Avinexis

That's fair enough. I just have a different toolbox than you :P

Also yeah, but she only has Steel Plate atm, with an Ebony shield. I havn't come across any better armor at all yet :dunno:

Work on Smithing. I have her full daedric armor + a Daedric bow.

As I level up, reaching 25 - 30 I've now come to really hate the class I'm playing. I'm a dual wielding Destuction mage with a bit of Conjuration and Restoration here and some Alteration there, and I'm having to reload a save probably every 2 to 3 minutes in every single battle. I just can't win.

I'm using Greater Ward with the Ward Absorb perk for magic battles, so I should be receiving Magicka every time it's hit with a spell, but it doesn't do this and in fact it's just a huge waste of my own Magicka. I always come out worse off.

I also find as a magic user that at the higher destruction level spells, even with the perks to reduce their magicka cost by 50% and increase their damage, the spells are both too weak and cost far too much to utilise properly. I can shoot off Thunderbolt about 3 or 4 times, cut the enemies health bar down by a quarter, and then I'm stuck using mana potions because my mana-regen slows down during combat. I've focused mostly on levelling up Magicka and added some to Health as well, I'm wearing +Magicka and +Magicka regen items, as many as I can and I just can't fight properly. It's really starting to bother me now. I had no problems taking on Frost Dragons in my early level 20's and now it's just no fun anymore. I'm a puny weakling but I should be much stronger

Can anyone offer me some tips? I don't want to get so annoyed with this game that I put it down for good. I want to enjoy it. I think playing it has been a blinding experience and it'll be such a shame to have it ruined because my play style sucks or the higher level magic combat is unbalanced :unsure:

Cheers fella's

Pretty much same here, I'm destruction + sneaking and I'm finding it harder and harder to kill things.

I'm hoping it is a glitch that the Magicka regen slows to a standstill during battle, what is the point of it if it only regenerates when you don't even need it?

Pretty much same here, I'm destruction + sneaking and I'm finding it harder and harder to kill things.

I'm hoping it is a glitch that the Magicka regen slows to a standstill during battle, what is the point of it if it only regenerates when you don't even need it?

I think Bethesda followed the Blizzard World of Warcraft Mana Regen model, where you need to learn to ration your Mana for efficiency. It only regenerates at full speed outside of combat IIRC. That's all well and good in a group with 25 other people, but in a single player game? Nah.

I think Bethesda followed the Blizzard World of Warcraft Mana Regen model, where you need to learn to ration your Mana for efficiency. It only regenerates at full speed outside of combat IIRC. That's all well and good in a group with 25 other people, but in a single player game? Nah.

Bring lots of potions. :P

It only regenerates at full speed outside of combat IIRC. That's all well and good in a group with 25 other people, but in a single player game? Nah.

+1

Also, I feel like Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat whenever I kill a dragon... "YOUR SOUL IS MINE!" :lol:
I didn't think of that, that's awesome.. :D

So Lydia died on me and I didn't notice, so I had to back track and find her corpse...

:/

I resurrected her and all my gear is gone plus now she is also hostile to Stormcloak soldiers?

WTF

Ah well...

:P

My Lydia died a while ago without me noticing at the time too.

So now I have Iona instead. More or less the same but I still liked Lydia better I think.

I have to be careful, as the easiest way for my followers to die is if I accidentally hit them with a destruction spell (quite easy when you are trying to help them kill something).

Edited by jammin

So Lydia died on me and I didn't notice, so I had to back track and find her corpse...

:/

I resurrected her and all my gear is gone plus now she is also hostile to Stormcloak soldiers?

WTF

Ah well...

:P

For future reference, if you use the command "resurrect 1" it changes the way they get up, and they won't lose your items.

Currently, My play style is wearing Heavy Armor (19), Focusing a ton on Smithing (41) and Archery (29) and Sneak (29). I'm wearing Steel Plate armor I found, and then superior steel everywhere else, with a Falmer Bow (superior) (23 dmg) and Ancient Nord Arrows (10 dmg), or an Orcish Waraxe (s) (15 dmg) and a falmer shield (31a) which I need to improve. I'm also using a ring of minor archery (+15%) and an Apprentice hood (Mag +40). Oh, and I'm currently about 2/3 through level 10 :DMy skyrim char :D

If I get the sneak bonus on someone, I usually can take them out in 1-2 shots :D

I only use the console to change my fov since I always get motion sickness -- other than that, the commands are tempting but I'm playing through straight at least once. :D

It's more fun without it IMO