3dMark 11

Water_Hazard

Well, Ilike my CPU and I know if want more I'd need to not only replace that but the motherboard too. Haven't got the money for all that though, especially with Bulldozer coming. Still, gaming is why I got the card, not benchmarking (or I'd have OC'ed it by now). I do like the 570 though it isn't quite stock. Stock cooler yes, but it's got a factory overclock on it I haven't touched. Don't really see a point to, especially as it'll just put out more heat this Summer when it folds. The 580's look really good too, but not $150 better in my opinion. The price difference, when I got it, was the cost of the card I was replacing, an XFX HD 5770, when I got that.

Still, quite happy, not being in last place here.

Quick question though, why would the Extreme score be closer to what I've seen stock give than the performance? Is the extreme just that much more than performance that the card is keeping it low as much as the CPU?

Extreme scores are high res with extra graphics goodies... While it still puts quite the load on your CPU, comparatively your CPU has less work to do, while your GPU has much more work to do.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arent u too young to have those sorts of pictures??? atleast ur not playing for the other team hahahahaha well done son! im proud of ya!

Lol thanks , I first asked the staff if Im allowed and nobody said Im not allowed it so I used it anyway :P

Impressive scores Nyt :thumbsup:

Yeah they are but you could beat me , the new beta drivers bump up your score so you should try them W_H .

Yeah they are but you could beat me , the new beta drivers bump up your score so you should try them W_H .

I have been trying them for about the last week. My last tri-sli scores were with the 275.27 drivers. For some reason they are causing my cards to stay in 2d clocks. It seems like after exiting my F@H clients they don't want to go back to 3d clocks until I restart.

Trying a single card run as soon as my pc reboots.

Edit: Just noticed that there are now 275.33 beta's, have you tried those Nyt?

Edit2: sorry, they are WHQL drivers, not beta's

Edited by Water_Hazard

I have been trying them for about the last week. My last tri-sli scores were with the 275.27 drivers. For some reason they are causing my cards to stay in 2d clocks. It seems like after exiting my F@H clients they don't want to go back to 3d clocks until I restart.

Trying a single card run as soon as my pc reboots.

Edit: Just noticed that there are now 275.33 beta's, have you tried those Nyt?

Edit2: sorry, they are WHQL drivers, not beta's

I havent tried the WHQL's yet , im on the 275 betas