*UNOFFICIAL* OCC Folding@Home Contest

RJR

not for the 580 there arent.. its only just been released.. drivers r brand spankers.. so nothing yet.. and im not going to an older board OR INTEL! lol

Will that 1055t not run the big WU's? I know the PhenomII quads can't finish them in time but I would think the hexa cores could. Also, if you got another 580 you could probably mod an older drivers .inf file (one that works with the hack) and get sli working. Even if you don't get sli working just yet, you could still fold with it.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm pretty sure you need 8 cores physical or virtual to run the big adv units, and amd dont do that,

If you need 8 cores to receive a -bigadv WU, and if you nevertheless think you have a fast enough 4-core box to complete a -bigadv on time,

then I reckon you could just set up a virtual 8-core box on your 4-core box. In effect you'd fake out f@h into assigning you a big WU, and then you'd

just take your chances on whether it would timely complete.

Or you could just cut down all the hassle and rent a herd of VMs from some outfit like Rackspace or Amazon EC2 and not worry. :)

:foldon:

Sqopt

I been at this WU for 20 hours now. Better have a bunch of points.

Edit: Your only 2k points ahead. I may re-overtake for a couple hours. And according to our sigs im still in the lead.

Edited by SpeedCrazy

me? I'd have to cancel everyones Christmas orders and rob a bank. They are what $500(idk) I could maybe scrape up enough for 1 but not 2.

gah. Go turn off your comp matty its my turn to get ahead. :ph34r:

me? I'd have to cancel everyones Christmas orders and rob a bank. They are what $500(idk) I could maybe scrape up enough for 1 but not 2.

gah. Go turn off your comp matty its my turn to get ahead. ph34r2.gif

Lmao, i know, he is coming up behind me fast!, in january i get my student loan, hmm, new to me car, or a couple 580's and a new build, it might be cheaper to buy 10 used ps3's

maybe we should buy him a couple new pc games, gpu intensive, that way he will have to stop folding!

Almost to the end of the contest! Thanks everyone for making this possible!

foldon.gif

Edited by camaro_dude15

lol listen to u guys hahahah

ive already got enough games keeping me busy :)

And once my rig is up and running you'll have new benchmark scores to try and beat which will keep you busy :evilgrin:

What PPD do you guys think I would get if I ever started folding with my PS3 and my tri-fire 5970+5870 overclocked tri-fire ?