Help Overclocking AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE to 4.0Ghz!!

KalierMC

Hi, I have been trying to overclock my system and no success. I am new to this OC thing and I don't know what the settings are supposed to be. I was able to boot to Windows but after trying to run 3DMark06 I get the BSOD! Cooling is not a problem. I have a Corsair Hydro Cooling system keeping my CPU at 39ºC idle and 51º at MAX load when performing an AMD Overdrive stress test. I am able to pass the stress test if I do the overclocking on the AMD Overdrive application but when I reset my machine I get an "Overclock not successful" message at restart and goes back to stock settings. When I do these changes on my BIOS it boots fine but it crashes after a few minutes while playing videos or running a game. My current configurations are as follow:

CPU Ratio: 14.5

AMD Turbo core technology: Auto

CPU Bus Frequency: 276

PCIE Freq: 100

DRAM Freq: 1472Mhz

CPU/NB Freq: 2760Mhz

HT link Speed: 2208Mhz

CPU Voltage: 1.41v

CPU/NB Voltage: 1.22v

DRAM Volt: 1.65v

HT Voltage: Auto

NB voltage: Auto

post-73610-12883975185258_thumb.jpg

Edited by KalierMC

Turn off all the power saving stuff c1e all of it turn off the turbo it will only hinder your OC attempts, turn your dram voltage to auto and lower the multiplier so that it is running at or slightly lower than stock speeds for now. try using Linx to stress test and stay away from amd over drive its no good to OC with IMO. When you sort the few things I have mentioned we can go from there, I'm sure some other folks will also jump in and suggest somethings to get you going.

Im no expert on this chip but i understand that it is a black edition, so why are you only raising the bus speed? Its got an unlocked multiplier use that, of course you are going to run into problems if you only raise the bus speed, mainly memory related issues. See how far you can get by raising the cpu multiplier before beginning to adjust the base clock and im sure you will hit 4ghz with ease. Hope this helps and good luck.

I can get my 1055T to 4ghz easily . Raise bus speed to 286 , multiplier to 14 , core voltage to 1.4, adjust your memory speed in the DRAM to its frequency and turn turbo core off so it doesnt oc to 4.4 or higher when the cores arent being used . If that doesnt work , try multiplier at 16x and bus speed at 250 to get to 4ghz with 1.4v . Also turn off all power saving stuff like smduff suggested.

Hi, I have been trying to overclock my system and no success. I am new to this OC thing and I don't know what the settings are supposed to be. I was able to boot to Windows but after trying to run 3DMark06 I get the BSOD! Cooling is not a problem. I have a Corsair Hydro Cooling system keeping my CPU at 39ºC idle and 51º at MAX load when performing an AMD Overdrive stress test. I am able to pass the stress test if I do the overclocking on the AMD Overdrive application but when I reset my machine I get an "Overclock not successful" message at restart and goes back to stock settings. When I do these changes on my BIOS it boots fine but it crashes after a few minutes while playing videos or running a game. My current configurations are as follow:

CPU Ratio: 14.5

AMD Turbo core technology: Auto

CPU Bus Frequency: 276

PCIE Freq: 100

DRAM Freq: 1472Mhz

CPU/NB Freq: 2760Mhz

HT link Speed: 2208Mhz

CPU Voltage: 1.41v

CPU/NB Voltage: 1.22v

DRAM Volt: 1.65v

HT Voltage: Auto

NB voltage: Auto

Your CPU/NB Freq is way too high. Also start with a lower HT link Speed. That's why you're crashing. Once your CPU overclock is stable, you can adjust your CPU/NB Freq and HT link Speed, but you'd then have to raise your CPU/NB Voltage and HT Voltage to adjust for those overclocks.

Not even sure if the OP is coming back to see what help he has, but in case anyone else wants an idea for settings based off of mine, here's some screens:

post-70939-12888828636323_thumb.jpg

post-70939-12888828728506_thumb.jpg

post-70939-12888828825489_thumb.jpg

Once I watercool my 1090T, I'll try some higher overclocks. Right now though, I'm sure I can get another 100 or 200 MHz safely even with my lowly Hyper 212+, but I'd rather not take a chance. :P