I7 920 temp problem while gaming

here's the thing, my normal temps are between 55 and 60 but when I'm gaming with crysis warhead (everything at entusiast) my temps reach the 90 so I'm pretty concern, I got pics of my rig, I got just one fan 80mm so maybe thats the problem but I keep the case open ...

what I wanna know is, it's the stock cooler that bad ?? or is something wrong ???

this is my rig : i7 920 + asus rampage II gene + gskill 1333mhz 3x1 gb + evga gtx 460 1gb supercloaked + WD caviar black 1tb 64mb + lg dvd writer + samgung 206nw 20 inches monitor

gallery_71813_390_44680.jpg

med_gallery_71813_390_423535.jpg

Edited by nahuelcutrera

1. CLEAN OUT THAT DUST! The amount of dust clogging your heatsink is criminal! Clean out all the dust you can from your case.

2. Could you possibly route those cables out of the way?

LoL I'm pretty lazy ... I will clean that nasty dust , I hope the temps go down, and I will buy a case when I can get my hands on some money...

just for the record I live in a pretty dusty place down in argentina that may be the problem , but I didn't clean that thing in almost a year and I keep the case open ... hahaha.

I am tempted to call troll on this one. I don't care how lazy you are clean that thing and at least attempt to do something with those cables.

Maybe hide one or two of them in an unused optical drive.

If you ever do find money for a new case try something with some filters so you have only the filters to clean out every now and then.

This would be a good case for you Lancool K62

It has 3 140mm fans and 1 120mm fan and it has filters. Even if you are too lazy to clean the thing once or twice a year it will probably be able to still move a little are with all the fans. Please do not leave the side of the case open with something like this, if you do the filters become useless. Nice cases like this also have room for cable management.

Oh and your power supply is probably choking to death on dust. Please don't forget to clean this too.

Edited by gabrieltessin

A good cable management it suppose to make any good to my computer ??? I don't think so .. specially because I have no fans so there's no airflow to interrupt. OK I HAVE DUST get over it, I already clean it.

ps: It's not that I don't want to buy a case or a cooler, the thing is I already almost sell my little sister to buy the entire computer, I'm in south america computers are not precisely cheap you know, I just needed to know if the cooler was that bad no need to get rude people and by the way I know something about computers I'm third year student of "information system engineering" I'm not sure if I spell it right on this language.

ps: the only thing dust could do is screw with some cooler so don't be so dramatic. Dust it's not the problem here, the lousy cooler from intel is, I didn't game on this computer until now so I just realized that.