I7 920 temp problem while gaming

I was not meaning to be rude but when I re read my post I think I was.

The cooler itself is not ideal but it is good enough for hundreds of thousands of Intel chips that will never be overclocked and are used for gaming. Sure the Intel cooler is not great but I don't think anyone with a clean cooler will see temps all that high. If you are going to sell the computer to your sister, (I am guessing that if she has trouble with the computer, with it you will hear about it) you should try to make it so it at least stays cool enough to function under moderate loads with the case closed.

I may have come off a little strong in my first post but I honestly just don't want to see as nice of a setup as that fry because of lack of air flow and heat. If you can find a way to get a 120mm fan like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103063 you would most likely see a huge difference in heat inside the case. I noticed that the case didn't seem to have any holes big enough for a fan like this. 20 minutes work and $10 would make a lot of difference.

Best of luck.

Edited by gabrieltessin

Don't worry nahuelcutrera!

Ya, the stock Intel cooler really does suck! Just get yourself a good aftermarket cooler, and your temps will drop!

Best Coolers:

Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B

Thermalright Venomous X

Noctua NH-D14

Thermalright True Black 120

Noctua NH-U12P

CORSAIR Cooling H50

CORSAIR Cooling H70

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus

To you others, you should ease up on new people asking questions!

Those coolers are all nice but his big concern was cashflow so the most immediate fix for his predicament will be to clean the dist out of his heatsink. Barring that you can mod the case by cutting a 120mm hole in the back and installing an inexpensive 120mm fan . Those are the two most inexpensive options I can think of.

Dust it's not the problem here, the lousy cooler from intel is, I didn't game on this computer until now so I just realized that.

On the contrary dust IS your only problem. The stock cooler is more than sufficient for use at stock clocks as long as you keep the damn thing clean. I don't think I've ever seen that much blockage on an i7 heatsink...

On the contrary dust IS your only problem. The stock cooler is more than sufficient for use at stock clocks as long as you keep the damn thing clean. I don't think I've ever seen that much blockage on an i7 heatsink...

you were right I clean the computer and my temps never get past the 50 degrees line, so I should eat my words and say for all you guys "I'm sorry for being stubborn" I'm italian it runs in my veins LoL

you were right I clean the computer and my temps never get past the 50 degrees line, so I should eat my words and say for all you guys "I'm sorry for being stubborn" I'm italian it runs in my veins LoL

I guess you were just being defensive about your freeloading dust bunny roommates haha

It is quite alright, I wasn't exactly nice on my first post. Just out of curiosity if you close that case up how are your temps? I am sure they are high but it might be a good thing to know if you ever want to buy a new case :D