Will anything be my bottleneck ?

Nyt

Its actual rare to see new technology in a totally new design built from the ground up.

yaaaaaa mannnnn!!!! dont be a sheep mannn!!!!! yaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! everything is a lie mannnn by the corporations to make their profits mannnnn!

Its not as rare as you're claiming. Not even close. Yes, we all know that making tweaks and changes and updates produces the vast lineup for all the manufacturers, eg Core 2 Duo versus Core 2 Quad. But if you look past the fact that you hate profits and how you're informed and we're all sheep, you can recognize that new model lines in fact are not usually remakes of old architechtures. Just an example, the transition from NetBurst to Core 2 was not a tweak or minor change. Minor changes gives us a big variety of similar components to choose from, but Bulldozer is not Phenom, so please dont try to "sheeple" us with that.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yaaaaaa mannnnn!!!! dont be a sheep mannn!!!!! yaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! everything is a lie mannnn by the corporations to make their profits mannnnn!

Its not as rare as you're claiming. Not even close. Yes, we all know that making tweaks and changes and updates produces the vast lineup for all the manufacturers, eg Core 2 Duo versus Core 2 Quad. But if you look past the fact that you hate profits and how you're informed and we're all sheep, you can recognize that new model lines in fact are not usually remakes of old architechtures. Just an example, the transition from NetBurst to Core 2 was not a tweak or minor change. Minor changes gives us a big variety of similar components to choose from, but Bulldozer is not Phenom, so please dont try to "sheeple" us with that.

:withstupid: I wasn't pissed when I learned that my Q9450 is really just two core 2 duos and not a "true quad"

The issue at hand is that you seem to think that a 5970 is 2x 5850's on one PCB but its not, the 5970 = 2x underclocked 5870's... the 5850 has less stream processors than the 5970( and/or 5870), so the 5850 would bottleneck your 5970(5870/5970 = 1600 Steam processors, 5850 = 1440 Steam Processors)... If you want to add another card, you should get a 5870, not a 5850.

IMO you should go all out and Quad-fire another 5970... THAT would be sexy... 4 GPU's.... 6 Cores @ 4Ghz... Mmmmm... I can almost taste the FPS...

hey, Go out back and Hose yourself off. there are children in here. :rofl: J/k

I'd wait to see what your options are with the new Ati series of cards that are coming out. when they do get the best one you can so you don't wind up in the same pickle your in now. :whistling:

Your bottleneck is going to be that you're running 3 GPUs. The scaling with range from okay to absolutely sucky especially with mismatched cards (hobbled 5870s + a cut down 5850).

Stick with the 5970 and you'll be fine.

hahaha.

u really dont have a clue how the industry really functions do you?

take a long look at the history of current cpus and gpus. really long hard look at the actual functioning down to the basic levels. Intel, amd, nvidia, and via, if you spent some time understanding you would reckon that you have been fooled by propaganda. As truthfully amd has been tweaking the same revolutionary design for several generations now. This goes for current ati gpus to even their six core cpus, all stem from minor changes to pre-existing architectures. there have been very minor tweaks and almost no major changes for yrs now. heck intels tick tock method is well known to all and it literally openly brags on this fact. From every model of the core 2 (e6000s,e7000s, q8000s, e8000s, qx9700s, etc) to every model of the athlon64(heck we could go back to the original athlon here), from the ati hd series to nvidias 8000 to 9000 to gts. All built on the same foundations with small improvements or revision changes that sometimes go a long way. Its not so unusual yet we dont here ppl saying the ph2 965 is just a re-branded ph2 955 when in all actuality it is exactly such.

There has been a sad propaganda attempt (which has made great progress btw) to make some company an evil re-branding oddity. Its actually sad to say that the original 8800 was so competitive that it is still has a variant on the market today, that actually does sell well. But we still have athlon 64s and places where re-branding should have occurred it didnt, like the 4800+,4600+,4400+,etc which goes across two sockets: 939 and am2. one shouldve been named differently. As with the ph2 945 vs ph2 940 everyone throw a fit its re branding, lol.....

the gts 250 is only a 8800gtx i mean 9800gtx, bla bla..... its like what in the world does it matter except other then for smearing propaganda. the gts actually has lower power draw and we see amd come out with the exact same circumstance and they put and "e" at the end of their cpus name. Sometimes they dont and we get the 125w phenom2 965 or z965 or whatever. But then you see it dont end there cause with the better yields we will get the phenom2 970 which will be a re brand of the ph2 965 (955, 945, 940, and 920 for all that matters) with a default .5 higher multiplier and like magic........

POOF: amd is somehow "unlike nvidia (9800gtx and gts 250)"

and we see this all over the internet.

argue if you like but its really moot: all the industry corps are in the business of selling slightly revised technology building up and up from the beginnings of a great architecture.

Its actual rare to see new technology in a totally new design built from the ground up.

I have no idea where this guy is going or came from...LOL

Edited by Drdeath

There really is no bottleneck with the system. A bottleneck is where the CPU is taxed so much it cannot perform to capabilities and keep up with the GPU.. Overclock the CPU and what some call a bottleneck will be minimal. These so called bottlenecks happen more at lower res opposed to higher res.

In the case of your CPU, at whatever frequencies it is running, it cannot run any faster period. Every system has "somewhat" of a "bottleneck". It is impossible to buy hardware that works perfectly in sinc with each other. If your GPU waits for the signal, everyone says the CPU is a bottleneck. In essence, it is a weaker part of the link.

Your system is fine wheather you run1,2 or 3 GPU's in crossfire. Remember with AT,I 3 or more cards do not scale well. I would stick with 2 cards. The 5870 will downclock to 5850 core and memory speeds in crossfire.

Edited by Drdeath

He already has his CPU @ 4Ghz... says it in his Sig....

He simply asked a question if he should get another GPU... i believe the general consensus is "NO", Wait for ATI's new stuff... at the very least, after the new ATI stuff comes out, the price of the 5xxx series will drop. Im still not sure why you want another card, i mean i have a 5770, id be crap and giggles if i had the raw power of a 5970...

**Lol, "Crap and Giggles"... silly profanity filter, you win this round.**

Edited by MercuryDoun

He simply asked a question if he should get another GPU... i believe the general consensus is "NO", Wait for ATI's new stuff... at the very least, after the new ATI stuff comes out, the price of the 5xxx series will drop. Im still not sure why you want another card, i mean i have a 5770, id be crap and giggles if i had the raw power of a 5970...

oh. I just read the OP, and saw nothing of the like in his post.

hahaha.

u really dont have a clue how the industry really functions do you?

take a long look at the history of current cpus and gpus. really long hard look at the actual functioning down to the basic levels. Intel, amd, nvidia, and via, if you spent some time understanding you would reckon that you have been fooled by propaganda. As truthfully amd has been tweaking the same revolutionary design for several generations now. This goes for current ati gpus to even their six core cpus, all stem from minor changes to pre-existing architectures. there have been very minor tweaks and almost no major changes for yrs now. heck intels tick tock method is well known to all and it literally openly brags on this fact. From every model of the core 2 (e6000s,e7000s, q8000s, e8000s, qx9700s, etc) to every model of the athlon64(heck we could go back to the original athlon here), from the ati hd series to nvidias 8000 to 9000 to gts. All built on the same foundations with small improvements or revision changes that sometimes go a long way. Its not so unusual yet we dont here ppl saying the ph2 965 is just a re-branded ph2 955 when in all actuality it is exactly such.

There has been a sad propaganda attempt (which has made great progress btw) to make some company an evil re-branding oddity. Its actually sad to say that the original 8800 was so competitive that it is still has a variant on the market today, that actually does sell well. But we still have athlon 64s and places where re-branding should have occurred it didnt, like the 4800+,4600+,4400+,etc which goes across two sockets: 939 and am2. one shouldve been named differently. As with the ph2 945 vs ph2 940 everyone throw a fit its re branding, lol.....

the gts 250 is only a 8800gtx i mean 9800gtx, bla bla..... its like what in the world does it matter except other then for smearing propaganda. the gts actually has lower power draw and we see amd come out with the exact same circumstance and they put and "e" at the end of their cpus name. Sometimes they dont and we get the 125w phenom2 965 or z965 or whatever. But then you see it dont end there cause with the better yields we will get the phenom2 970 which will be a re brand of the ph2 965 (955, 945, 940, and 920 for all that matters) with a default .5 higher multiplier and like magic........

POOF: amd is somehow "unlike nvidia (9800gtx and gts 250)"

and we see this all over the internet.

argue if you like but its really moot: all the industry corps are in the business of selling slightly revised technology building up and up from the beginnings of a great architecture.

I didn't see the part where you mentioned if there was going to be a bottleneck... maybe i'm just blind

Look at the title of the thread......................