[Old] El_Capitan's For Sale Thread

El_Capitan

Bump. Lots of different video cards for sale.

Thinking of upgrading/downgrading and moving stuff around. I'm not sure how, yet, depends on what sells. I think I'll be upgrading to dual GTX 580's with the prices I can get them at from Microcenter. I'll also be downgrading my secondary computer from tri-fire HD 6970's to at least dual HD 6970's in Xfire. Depending if the GTX 460 1GB's or the GTX 570's go, I'll upgrade my brother's computer and also look into getting a 2560 x 1600 monitor.

Those looking into watercooled GTX 570's, HD 6970's and GTX 460 1GB's, this is the time to buy.

A bump for the capitan. Just one question..... Where do you get the money for all that stuff.

I used to build computers/servers for my clients when I used to contract (mostly start-ups), but since I'm now employed, I just build for friends and co-workers. When I used to build computers/servers for clients, I'd buy the components and build it (along with the software), and it would be owned by me, but I'd charge them a monthly rate to lease it to them rather than them having to lease from Dell or buy an overpriced system. By the time the contract is done, if they want to buy the system, I give them an invoice for purchase, which I usually rate as 10% on top of the full cost of the components for building it and keeping it maintained (which would still perform faster and end up being cheaper than buying from Dell or something like that). If they don't buy it, I still made money off of them leasing the system. My virtualization server I ended up making around $60 a month to lease it for 2 years, so I made $1440 off of it, and they never ended up buying it (I spent $3180.92 for it). Most of my clients would lease and buy a server from me, so... if the server cost $1500, and they leased it for $45 per month for 6 months, I got $270 from it, if they wanted to buy it when my contract ended, they'd pay $1650 for it, thus I'd make a total of $420 from building and maintaining it for 6 months, then selling it to them. They's still have saved about 3 times that if they leased it or bought from Dell, anyway (at least the high end servers).

At any rate, it depended on the contract and who I contracted with. One company had me build them three servers and 5 desktops, and I made a decent amount of money just from that.

Start-ups are great to build computers/servers for. :P

Weekend bump and GTX 460 1GB's off the market. Realized I still need to keep the MSI Cyclone due to it's small size, and the PNY GTX 460 1GB still has it's uses.

I'll be using the Zotac 580 1.5GB in about a week, so will take it off market if no one decides to buy it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My friend's wicked happy about his new PSU, btw :thumbsup:

Glad to hear. I really like the PSU's. I just want to standardize my PSU's for some testing. The white and blue LED's on the fan is a nice touch, and it's pretty quiet.