Asus GTX 285 Overclocking

johnace01

Hi guys, im just starting to overclock gpu's and i need help with what clocks i should do to start off with, i dont want to do voltages just memory shader and core clocks.

Thanks in advance John.

Unfortunately the GTX 285 doesnt overclock very high. Thats even more the case if you got a card that came overclocked from the manufacturer. The problem is that the GTX 285 doesnt support software voltage changes, so you're limited to what they give you. Theres a few different ways to hard mod your voltages though, depending on whether or not you got a reference PCB.

Do what joel said though... using MSI Afterburner, see what you can do.

• Like 1

MSI Afterburner Overclock with increments of 5 or 10.and then choose the best combination.

Thanks man, ive tried it before, i didnt get along with the interface, im trying ASUS smart doc instead, seems to do the trick, im going up slowley :D

Thanks man, ive tried it before, i didnt get along with the interface, im trying ASUS smart doc instead, seems to do the trick, im going up slowley :D

cool, whatever works for ya. Post up your final clocks!

• Like 1

Ok guys ive hit a problemo :(

Ive tried multiple diffrent overclocking softwares now and they all seem to stump my GTA 4 performance in general. Also i got a score of 5400 with no oc software and with it installed i got 1895 max. This was done in Furmark

Please help as i really want to keep it a 710 core clock XD

Ok guys ive hit a problemo :(

Ive tried multiple diffrent overclocking softwares now and they all seem to stump my GTA 4 performance in general. Also i got a score of 5400 with no oc software and with it installed i got 1895 max. This was done in Furmark

Please help as i really want to keep it a 710 core clock XD

Ive heard some stuff around on google that this may be the cause off my lag. Apparanty it happens if your mem control load is on 100%

Heres a snap in gpu-z i took anfer about 30mins of not playing a game. Its on 100. Any help guys?

Thanks, John

post-71933-12830017946127_thumb.png

Unfortunately the GTX 285 doesnt overclock very high. Thats even more the case if you got a card that came overclocked from the manufacturer. The problem is that the GTX 285 doesnt support software voltage changes, so you're limited to what they give you. Theres a few different ways to hard mod your voltages though, depending on whether or not you got a reference PCB.

Do what joel said though... using MSI Afterburner, see what you can do.

Each card will be different so your mileage will vary.

If you had a driver failure and recovery and did not reboot your score will be much lower because you are running in 2D clock mode. That will lower your score.

Use MSI afterburner or EVGA eLEET. You may have to tweak voltages a bit but you can always up the fan speed to compensate.

Ok, ive gone and done it :D

Im happy with my clocks now and there running safe stable, and the score doesnt seem to be getting any higher after there.

Thanks to all those who helped and taught me what programs to use. Attatched it a picture of the clocks in GPU-Z and a furmark score.

Thank You John.

post-71933-12830166361036_thumb.png

post-71933-1283016650661_thumb.png

part of your overclock is causing the drivers to crash. when i set my clocks if i upped the memory at all it was crash. try to keep the memory at stock and see if that fixes it. also once it crahes you have to reset the computer.

i was able to get 720/1634/1250 but like ccokeman said every card is different.

Edited by hornybluecow