Building my first computer - a Leo Platform

engstudent

Nice sig btw Senital I used to play Starsiege all the time.

You sir, are now my favorite person on OCC :lol: yeah the Starsiege community is still alive and kicking amazingly enough, and those who left eventually find their way back, even if it takes them a few years to do so. Theres always been something magical about that game, it spurred me to the path of game development which im on now, hopefully when i reach the top ill have enough say to make a new game based in the SS universe :)

only games that utilize it.. not that many really.. i havent got one.. and i can play any game out there at max detail max res.. :S

True enough but theres a fair amount of decent games which utilise it, and if you see the performance charts once physX is enabled on ATi vs Nvidia, its not even funny. But its a completely different story once you stick that little 250 in, really helps in games like Cryostasis or Mafia II for example which use extensive amounts of "physX" ;)

Edited by SenitaL

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you enable the decdicated PhysX card I put the 250 GTS back in and GPU-z tells me its only running Open-CL and not PhysX. The 5850 OC has Directcompute 5.0 available.

I dont see anything about PhysX in the nVidia control panel.

How do you enable the decdicated PhysX card I put the 250 GTS back in and GPU-z tells me its only running Open-CL and not PhysX. The 5850 OC has Directcompute 5.0 available.

I dont see anything about PhysX in the nVidia control panel.

I hope you get it right , I tried dedicated PhysX with a GT240 on the Crosshair IV Formula and no matter what I did , it refused to let physX work

I believe it has something to do with nvidia cards not being supported on that board.

I turned all of the fans into intakes

If so how does the air escape? Your temps would be better with some hot air exiting the case rather than working its way out of the cracks.

Nice Build.

There is this little bit on the nVidia website about not allowing dedicated PhysX cards run with a non-nVidia card.

Was hoping to ignore this like all of the overclocking disclaimers. :D

Send me a screenshot of what you're seeing. You may need to update your Nvidia Control Panel if you're not seeing it.

post-70939-12851207979912_thumb.png

I believe it has something to do with nvidia cards not being supported on that board.

If so how does the air escape? Your temps would be better with some hot air exiting the case rather than working its way out of the cracks.

Nice Build.

oh that i changed when it became obvious it wasnt improving airflow and heat disipation - originally I had one top 200mm as an intake and the other as an exhaust in an attempt to creat a circulation at the top of the case. Now both top 200mm fans are exhaust. the 140mm in the back is an intake to make sure theres no vacuum at the cpu coolers fan. I have the zaward blowing towards the ram.

Breaking news - new overclock a hair closer to 4.0 lol

Its still stable in prime95 so far for 11 minutes

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1401463

1401463.png

Send me a screenshot of what you're seeing. You may need to update your Nvidia Control Panel if you're not seeing it.

post-70939-12851207979912_thumb.png

going to try to instal the drivers from the cd that came with the card the latest drivers from nvidia didnt have that option in the control panel.