Identify Case

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No clue, but I love how the power button looks like Pacman

And how the reset, power and HDD LED's each look like the white blob things that pacman eats...which for me makes this case look awesome!

any recommendations on modding it for better cooling?

Improvements could include replacing the 2 front intake 80mm fans with a bigger/better fan; this would require some drilling of extra air holes/mounting holes.

My old case had fairly unfortunate airflow as well, so I added 2 holes for 120mm fans:

- one in the side panel blowing fresh air over the graphics card

- one exhaust fan in the top panel behind the PSU

These last two would work pretty good, but would require some power tools (dremel/drill) and possibly other things too (filters, door trim for the edges of the new holes, paint etc.)

It might be better to just invest in a cheap-ish case that comes with better cooling options (NZXT Beta EVO comes to mind). You'd be hard pressed finding another case with a pac-man power switch though. :biggrin: (also removable mobo tray is rare in the budget segment of the case market).

My money is on components and as this case will work i am sticking with it. In a year or so i want to get the CM HAF 932 but until i save the money i am sticking with this, and by then there may be something better available.

How? it is at the very back.

Yeah I meant you could sneak a fan in between the PSU and the CD/DVD drive. I was thinking you're looking at the case from the front, so the fan would be in front of the PSU from that point of view. :biggrin:

And all this modding is going to cost too, especially if you don't have a dremel tool already. I did mine without a dremel, with a borrowed drill, but the results were terrible.

The two fans are also going to add to the entire cost, so the price difference between a new case and all this modding madness won't be that large, especially when taking into account the effort involved in modding. Ultimately you alone can make the choice between the two, so I'd advise you to weigh both options carefully and pick whatever works best for you. Whatever the outcome, post pictures of the build, as I'm sure we'd all like to see what comes of it. :thumbsup: