Member location

paulktreg

I think it would be really useful to know where a member is located and a compulsory requirement at sign on. It doesn't have to be too specific a continent would do!

you tend to end up with some people trying to be funny or ignorant how ever you want to look at it when they have a location listing: in your moms room, in the bathroom, in my room ect... so not sure how helpful it could really be

I think it would be really useful to know where a member is located and a compulsory requirement at sign on. It doesn't have to be too specific a continent would do!

Why do you think it needs to be compulsory?

Why do you think it needs to be compulsory?

Country is useful for a variety of reasons... When providing pricing, retailers, coordinating gaming sessions, giving the benefit of the doubt for poor english if it's not their first language, etc.

you tend to end up with some people trying to be funny or ignorant how ever you want to look at it when they have a location listing: in your moms room, in the bathroom, in my room ect... so not sure how helpful it could really be

Who would ever do such a thing like that? ph34r2.gifhi.gif

Giving the benefit of the doubt for poor english if it's not their first language, etc.

That is the most useful one.

Often times I will (under my breath) berate someone for butchering the English language (more than I do :P ), so any information that may make me believe that they're not natively English is good.

Country is useful for a variety of reasons... When providing pricing, retailers

It's pretty annoying when I recommend a retailer to someone on the forums and they later reveal that they don't even live in the US or UK lol...

I would agree that making the continent compulsory would be a useful requirement... the city/state/etc should be highly recommend IMO

Like, if a member lived in or near Manchester, I could recommend several really good bricks and mortar shops that are off the beaten track

A country flag on the left / user's bar would be useful :thumbsup:

That would be pretty cool, as long as there is an alt/title rollover that states the country, as we have some members from some pretty obscure countries many people probably wouldn't recognize the flag of. heh. I saw an icon set of flags the other day...wish I remembered where it was.

That would be pretty cool, as long as there is an alt/title rollover that states the country, as we have some members from some pretty obscure countries many people probably wouldn't recognize the flag of. heh. I saw an icon set of flags the other day...wish I remembered where it was.

That's exactly what I was thinking :cheers: