2010 FIFA World Cup winner?

Nyt

As for the person who said Spain deserves to win against Netherlands, no they don't. They didn't play any hard teams this World Cup(Germany doesn't count as a good team since they played terrible). Netherlands had it easy too, but they had to play against Brazil.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but Spain shut down Portugal extremely well, and Germany was in-form for every game this world cup, even against Serbia (a very early red card and a ref who must have secretly been from Serbia were their downfall and they still almost scored). I dont think it was just coincidence that they shut down Germany, who actually played very well and organized. Their midfield passing got shut down by a much harder running Spain, but the Spanish had an incredibly difficult time getting through the German back line, every passing lane was always plugged.

The only perrenial powerhouse Netherlands beat was Brazil... not to belittle that, but the whole left side of that bracket was much much weaker than the right side... did anyone expect a team other than Brazil or Holland to get to the finals from that left side??

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ebarone: Germany was not in form yesterday.. Into 3 minutes of the match.. I knew germany was going too loose :( Their passing that has been good for all this world cup disappeared in that match.. They overshot the ball.. Podolski passed the ball... Muller's replacement could have stopped and than shot but he just shot it.. Yes I am still sad they lost.. I wish they played like they did against Argentina.. but they played as if they did not want to win.. I guess Muller being not there hurt the team..

krazypoloc: who is your team in BCL..

I know they were the lesser team yesterday, but as I was watching I got the impression that the Spanish were defeating the German style of play. I didnt once feel like the Germans just didnt show up. Their game so far has been very structured midfield play, very solid defense, and very fast counter attacks. The Spanish shut down the midfield simply by doing everything faster than the Germans could keep up with, and without the midfield there is no counter-attack. The Spanish one-touch passing was always on point, always in the German half, and always threatening to move even more forward. The German defense was fantastic though, the Spanish tried all day to make the piercing runs and penetrating passes through the German back line and they hardly ever could due to great German discipline. Yea the Spanish made Germany look bad, but they didnt actually play bad at all.

The Germans were scared. That is why they sucked so much.

If they hadn't been scared(Yes I didn't understand this at first either) then they would have tried harder I guess and went more after the ball.

That final was indeed shameful, full of fouls, diving and yellow cards. Spain take the trophy home, but I don't think either team deserved to take it. I still dislike both teams intensely. Let's hope the next cup will be a better affair.