Suggestions for Diets

Dariuas

I guess you are right, Christian clearly has no idea what he is talking about. As far as steroids, that is another discussion. Have you seen the movie Bigger, Stronger, Faster? I think it does a good job dispelling some of the myths that the media wants you to believe.

And as far as having 8 pack abs, who says everyone wants that? Just because something works for you doesn't mean it will for me. Nor does it mean I have the goals as you. You were giving off a sense that only you were right, and that just because something works for you it will work everyone.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you are right, Christian clearly has no idea what he is talking about. As far as steroids, that is another discussion. Have you seen the movie Bigger, Stronger, Faster? I think it does a good job dispelling some of the myths that the media wants you to believe.

And as far as having 8 pack abs, who says everyone wants that? Just because something works for you doesn't mean it will for me. Nor does it mean I have the goals as you. You were giving off a sense that only you were right, and that just because something works for you it will work everyone.

have you see the movie fathead? I think it does a good job dispelling some of the myths that the media wants you to believe.

btw, paleo also worked for this guy over here... Twinkies? no so much

http://freetheanimal.com/2010/08/murray-i-freed-my-animal.html

Edited by UT66

I didn't say i was right ( i am btw)

btw, paleo also worked for this guy over here... Twinkies? no so much

http://freetheanimal.com/2010/08/murray-i-freed-my-animal.html

Bolded is exactly what I meant. Without saying it you were giving off the impression that only you were right. Also, nowhere in the article I posted did the author advocate the use of refined carbs. Things like oats, sweet potatoes, brown rice, fruits and veggies were recommended. I also wasn't saying there was anything wrong with fat. I try to limit my carbs, and I eat plenty of fat. I'm simply pointing out that there are alternatives out there to what you are saying.

ok copy paste . if you have weight issues > try paleo / panu at first and i guarantee you'll look and fell better, once you stabilize give fasting a try once a or twice a week, eat stop eat style, drinking water only when thirsty and trying to sleep it out it might be hard at first, ( Ghrelin, a hunger hormone doing his stuff, wait a bit and bam, hunger is gone) and , once you are used to running on fat ( yours) and not on sugar, is ridiculously easy. no hunger. or forget about that and concentrate on the basics.

eating. if you want to loose fast ( not recommended) go keto ( 0 carb) moderate fat and high protein is going to melt your fat in seconds. ( think chicken breast and low fat cottage cheese, some vegetables yuk) but that . is not sustainable long therm. . your are going to feel depressed and low energy in the end, you wont be able to sleep. and you'll fell lots of cravings ( protein also spikes insulin)

if you train like a nut you might include potatoes on your training days, ( but it might triggers cravings initially - spikes insulin- ) if you want to loose steady and slow, you have to eat 70% FAT. period .no insulin response. no cravings. your body then burns the fat you eat and your fat. good sources of fat? egg yolks ( ditch the withes they are pure protein) i eat 6 yolks + cream + bacon + mushrooms ( omelet) use LOTS OF BUTTER. ( never ever veg oil) so lots o yolks, cream, butter bacon, mushrooms, etc. a bit of fish from time to time to balance the omega ratios. the ratio is HIGH FAT, MODERATE PROTEIN, LOW CARB. take a look at " what i eat post" on hyperlipid)

the most important element of my diet is MEAT. i eat lots of meat. almost every day. all kind of cuts. but get this, not lean cuts, find the FATTIEST biggest cust possible and eat that, also eat the FAT ( when buying meat choose the one with the yellow fat. aka pastured- white fat is from feedlot, ( grain feed) not that god. but better than sugar )

i eat my fatty cuts of meat with the a super fat cheese ( Roquefort or pategras) + a bit of creamy ricotta. Then i drink a large glass of milk, and if i want to 100grms of dark chocolate. Or home made ice cream ( basically yolks, cream, honey, a bit off sugar) ( not that much carbs in total if you train like i do) Go easy on the carbs max 50G per day. So choose wisely ( i go with the almonds, milk, dark chocolate, potatoes, but thats ok because i train, fast and my metabolism is completely healed)

just my 2 cents, personal experience ( btw, how many people here have 8 packs abs eating mostly fat) ;)

0 carbs? Have fun with ketosis. This is the kind of advice that can severely screw someone up. If you want to go on a diet anywhere above the vanilla reduction of calorie intake and well balanced meals, talk to a doctor. Just because it works for someone else doesn't mean it'll work for you. Weight loss takes patience and endurance. Honestly, stick with the basics.

lol, carb cycling, actually scooby, as i've heard has done alright with that

if you haven't already checked this guy out do it

http://scoobysworkshop.com/

my diet is all over the place, and is summed up with: eat small, eat often, eat healthy

i still drink a lot of Dr. Pepper, and eat poorly sometimes, but i'm still relatively young, so it's not too important

0 carbs? Have fun with ketosis. This is the kind of advice that can severely screw someone up. If you want to go on a diet anywhere above the vanilla reduction of calorie intake and well balanced meals, talk to a doctor. Just because it works for someone else doesn't mean it'll work for you. Weight loss takes patience and endurance. Honestly, stick with the basics.

lol, im out of here, tired of reading nothing but lol worthy fear mongering like this paired with absolutely NO PRACTICAL or USEFUL INPUT... go to the doctor? XD good luck! - edit. info removed btw, don't like to workout? dont want to ditch that pasta, pizza, gluten , fructose mess? afraid of trying daily intermittent fasting (DIF) , lacto paleo, etc? how about increasing your NEAT, or "non-exercise activity thermogenesis," as in stop sitting all day in that chair and stand up more? that might help. or not. :biggrin:

Edited by UT66

lol, im out of here, tired of reading nothing but lol worthy fear mongering like this paired with absolutely NO PRACTICAL or USEFUL INPUT... go to the doctor? XD good luck! - edit. info removed btw, don't like to workout? dont want to ditch that pasta, pizza, gluten , fructose mess? afraid of trying daily intermittent fasting (DIF) , lacto paleo, etc? how about increasing your NEAT, or "non-exercise activity thermogenesis," as in stop sitting all day in that chair and stand up more? that might help. or not. :biggrin:

Yeah, terrible to ask someone who spent six years learning how the body works about a diet you're planning on implementing. The nutrition classes I've had to take to work towards my nursing degree mean nothing too. All the weight I lost doing things the old fashioned way, that's meaningless. I lost weight by eating right and exercise, you're just putting your body at risk with other methods. Have fun with your fad diets though. I guess pushing the same basic factor that works every time (see sentence four of my post) isn't practical either.

Fine with me. Clearly we are all too dumb to grasp what you are saying anyway. You can have your abs, I'll keep my gut and strongman trophy.

Also, going to the doctor isn't a good idea, but listening to some guy on the internet is?

Yeah, terrible to ask someone who spent six years learning how the body works about a diet you're planning on implementing. The nutrition classes I've had to take to work towards my nursing degree mean nothing too. All the weight I lost doing things the old fashioned way, that's meaningless. I lost weight by eating right and exercise, you're just putting your body at risk with other methods. Have fun with your fad diets though. I guess pushing the same basic factor that works every time (see sentence four of my post) isn't practical either.

sorry, but you are clueless. Btw male nurse? Is your name Gaylord Focker or something? :teehee: edit, guys, guys don't need to be angry, i was just trying to help here. Also according to lots of studies you can be FAT and healthy so keep eating 6 times per day, that's ok to.

Edited by UT66