Suggestions for Diets

Dariuas

So, I am not a HUGE dude, but I am bigger then I'd like to be. I am having trouble getting down to a comfortable weight, and I imagine we have people here from all sorts of body shapes, and exercise experience.

So I thought I'd start a health discussion.

What is a good Monday-Monday diet?

What is a good weight loss exercise routine?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost 70 lbs by my patented "Obsess over a girl for 4 months and starve yourself diet".... Ended up gaining alot of it back after she tore my heart out with the "Your a great friend and I really mean it!" line...

I've tried various diets and so forth.

The best thing that works for me is just getting my regular amount of exercise, and on top of that trying to eat healthier. Less TV dinners and fast food, etc.

I looked my best a couple years ago when I was a senior in highschool (it wasn't that long ago) I was taking Weight Lifting (which was really fun yet closer to bootcamp than anything.) and also PE which involved a lot of running. 2 hours of exercise for 5 days a week really had me losing weight.

But now I just sit around a lot and eat a bunch of crap again. The number one rule is to get a routine and stick to it.

LOL greengiant. I feel your pain man.

Anyways, I'm a pretty big fatty but I found that interval training really made a difference. I shed about 30 lbs (210->180) over half a year back in 2008. I'm back up at 220 now though due to injury and not eating right. I'm planning to start up again though. Due to the injury though, I can't do any high impact cardio so I'm planning to go with biking and swimming.

Wanna go at a routine together virtually? :D

what i would recommend, however i'm not entirely sure this would work with you depending on your metabolism and what not, but try and balance out your meals to 4 smaller meals than 3 large ones, exercise regularly, i don't know if this is the best advice, but when im making my own food i eat when i feel that i need to, not on a schedule, and try get more green on

I think we should start a OCC Weight Loss contest! We would have to take screenshots of the scale as we do it, and have a specific time period.

If you guys like the idea, I'll go to Dave with it.

I will look through what extra hardware I have laying around, and I'll put that up for the winner.

Or we can do something.

Thoughts?!

I have lost roughly 30lbs since February.

Few things I have done: Cut Fast food to once a week, usually Fridays or Saturdays.

I stopped drinking Sodas and Energy Drinks. (Though over the last few months I have been bringing soda back in to my diet but in small quantities)

I am going to the gym at least 3 days a week, All I really do is use the Elliptical for 60mins. I was only doing when I first started about 3miles in 60mins which is give or take 3mphs

But now I can easily get 7miles in 60mins.

I try and eat more Skinless / Boneless Chicken, I will fry it up in a pan using Olive Oil, usually toss on some chilli powder, Parmesan cheese, basil..

I am a cheese freak, but I cut back quite a bit.

I did the cheese because of the sodium content it has, but the reason I started my diet a back in Feb was because I was put in the hospital for High Blood Pressure.

Jan 2. of 2010 I weighed in at 230lbs - Currently I am sitting at around 195-198lbs Depends on how big of a poop I take! rofl.gif

But in all seriousness, if you are a huge soda/energy drinker and you don't exercise much.

Cut the Soda/Energy drink intake and walk/jog for at least 45mins a day 3 days a week and I am pretty sure you will lose a bit of weight pretty quick.

I think I was down 10lbs almost the first week alone.

Keep in mind though that you will hit certain weight patches were it will take a while to shed more weight, you will have to change up the routine. Either run farther or faster. Your body will adapt to your routine after a while and it will no longer help you shed the weight, but rather just keep you were you are currently at.

I think we should start a OCC Weight Loss contest! We would have to take screenshots of the scale as we do it, and have a specific time period.

If you guys like the idea, I'll go to Dave with it.

I will look through what extra hardware I have laying around, and I'll put that up for the winner.

Or we can do something.

Thoughts?!

I'm up to that challenge.

Also, nerd fitness (link from the newest hardware roundup) Also has a link to the first version.

Well I was never really fat, but I did have too much weight on me, so I looked... whats the word? Disproportionate I guess ;)

Anywho, 2 months ago I weighed 105kg (210 pounds I guess), which is too much for somebody that is 1.95m (6' 5") tall and quite thin... so I started the 100 Pushups Program (currently at the end of week 6, had to redo week 6, probably have to redo it again cause I still can't do 100 in a row) and started running again. I used to be State champion in 5km, but then I got lazy lol. Started off at 3 times a week 5-8km's, now I run ~6km every day and not only do you feel really good afterwards, I've also lost 15kg since I started my routing (~30 pounds).

However, this whole deal doesn't work if you keep eating rubbish lol. I changed my eating as well, less sugar, less sweets, more healthy stuff, like tons of veggies and fruits. Also, I applied the most general diet of the all, in German it's know as the FDH (Friss die Hälfte) Diet, which essentially translates to an EH diet.... eat half :lol: Basically that's the key, cut down on your eating, but slowly, not hardcore from one day to the other, cause your stomach won't like you if you do it too quickly.

I lost 70 lbs by my patented "Obsess over a girl for 4 months and starve yourself diet".... Ended up gaining alot of it back after she tore my heart out with the "Your a great friend and I really mean it!" line...

I did this too. Thanks April :| The trick has been keeping the weight off. I'm a fan of yogurt, string cheese & salad. I am 5'8", 155. I've always been kinda scrawny. :( I have always consumed diet soda and energy drinks because of my diabetes. My job consists of walking and lifting. I walk to work & take the stairs.

I was thinking of starting a thread like this because of the "Gaining it back thing" :lol:

I used to be quite big. Was the fat kid in school. I wont give you some detailed tips, mainly because my ideology was simple:

Eat healthy and don't binge - try replacing simple carbs with complex ones and complete protein sources. Avoid soda, try using olive oil, buy whole-grain bread ect.

Get a good amount of exercise. For me this is jogging/Judo/breaking. If you really want to lose weight don't do casual jogging/running, actually dedicate to it.

The trick isn't to go on some diet that will torment you - just to eat healthy, exercise and with time the weight will come off.