Are You Concerned About Privacy When Using Facebook?

d3bruts1d

50 members have voted

1. 1. Are you concerned about privacy when using Facebook?

Facebook has gotten a lot of bad press over the last several weeks due to changes to privacy settings. The main thing was a new feature that defaulted to sharing your info with 3rd party sites/partners. Of course data "bugs and glitches" that release personal information have also occurred.

Are you concerned about privacy when using Facebook?

Personally, I am only a little concerned. I share a lot of information with friends and family, but I am cautious about what I post. Personal information is only visible to a select few, and global sharing is disabled. Though it does gripe me when they implement a new feature and the default option is "share with the world." Thankfully, I was able to turn it off the day it went live.

Absolutely not.

Rule 1) If you don't want information about yourself known to the public domain, don't post it on the Internet.

Hence, there is nothing on my Facebook profile that I would not have a problem with the world seeing (though I do still restrict my account to those who are deemed "friends"). PMs and stuff aren't a biggie, but just with any forum, they are still private of course.

For the most part there is nothing on Facebook that I care is public. What real worries me is the pictures some of my friends post of me. There are somethings I prefer not the show my crazy extended family. I solved this by just putting everyone into groups. So that if you are in my family group you can't see my pictures. Problem solved. :thumbsup:

Edit: typo

For the most part there is nothing on Facebook that I care is public. What real worries me is the pictures some of my friends post of me. There are somethings I prefer not the show my crazy extended family. I solved this by just putting everyone into groups. So that if you are in my family group you can't see my pictures. Problem solved. :thumbsup:

I did the same thing. ;)