Which Cpu Cooler ?

Nyt

Hi

I currently have a V8 and am getting an I7 to overclock. Is the Cooler master V8 any good ?

Also, How does it compare to a Corsair H50 or Thermalright Venom-X or V10 and which is the best out of the four ?

Thanks

In my country we unfortunately dont have the noctua's or prolimatech megahalems :(:(:( so it has to be one of these or the Thermaltake Frio

but not THE best

d14 review: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/26613-noctua-nh-d14-cpu-cooler-review-10.html (stock fans)

38_stock.jpg

venom x: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/29405-thermalright-venomous-x-cpu-cooler-review-9.html ("mid spead" fans)

38_p12_1300.jpg

you have to compare & contrast cuz for some reason they didnt' include the d14 in their venom x results charts :dunno:

and also the performance of the venom x depends on which fans you buy for it, while the d14 comes with fans :)

as you can see, even with the stock fans on the d14, it beats the venom x with mid speed fans and only ties with venom x when you purchase high speed (meaning high noise) fans ;)

38_scythe.jpg

and just for grins, low speed fans

38_p12_900.jpg

sounds like a win for the d14 to me :thumbsup:

yes the thermaltake frio is amazing, on full fan settings it on par with the D-14,and its even cheaper but problem is noise u can always handle fan speed settings,and yes the Thermalright Venom-X is as good as the prolimatech megahalems but the prob is u have to buy fans for its,which add more price to it,i would just go for the thermaltake frio or if ur a silent freak get the Thermalright Venom-X with two low RPM fans,but i would just go fot the frio its worth it.

Check the review out

yes the thermaltake frio is amazing, on full fan settings it on par with the D-14,and its even cheaper but problem is noise u can always handle fan speed settings,and yes the Thermalright Venom-X is as good as the prolimatech megahalems but the prob is u have to buy fans for its,which add more price to it,i would just go for the thermaltake frio or if ur a silent freak get the Thermalright Venom-X with two low RPM fans,but i would just go fot the frio its worth it.

Check the review out

frio = 7°C hotter than d14

if he wants the best air cooler right now, he gets the d14. There really isn't much discussion available, lol

frio = 7°C hotter than d14

if he wants the best air cooler right now, he gets the d14. There really isn't much discussion available, lol

I think it was said that Prolimatech and Noctua were'nt an option. I'd be tempted to look at a Corsair H50. Not as good as Noctua or Prolimatech but still good and not too expensive. THe Titan performed well in the Review SDY posted but at the expense of noise given it was using a very high speed fan.

In my country we unfortunately dont have the noctua's or prolimatech megahalems :(:(:( so it has to be one of these or the Thermaltake Frio

All this praise to the D14 seems completely unnecessary in light of the above quote. :P

So the H50 ought to do you good, although I think the Frio while cheaper ought to get similar performance (perhaps at the expense of noise - maybe for the price difference you could get some better fans for it).

All this praise to the D14 seems completely unnecessary in light of the above quote. :P

So the H50 ought to do you good, although I think the Frio while cheaper ought to get similar performance (perhaps at the expense of noise - maybe for the price difference you could get some better fans for it).

doh, didn't even see that :P:doh: