Whats A Good Quiet Dvd Drive?

azndragon328

i am planning to get a new DVD drive, i want one that plays dvd and cd/rw perfectly good and very queit to wathc movie...what drive do you guys recommend...ps don't know what subject this is so ill just put it here, correct me if im wrong

EDIT* i was think of a plextor, or lite-on or sony...which is best or is there any better one?

THanks

Edited by azndragon328

I have a nice samsung dvd/cdrw combo thats nice and quiet. It use to be a lot noisier but i learned when you actually bother to put all four screws in the drive and tighten them securely, it doesnt rattle nearly as much ;):lol:

I have a nice samsung dvd/cdrw combo thats nice and quiet. It use to be a lot noisier but i learned when you actually bother to put all four screws in the drive and tighten them securely, it doesnt rattle nearly as much ;):lol:

I love the rail-mounting system that my Chieftec case has! I can avoid all of that hassle.

I love the rail-mounting system that my Chieftec case has! I can avoid all of that hassle.

Thats the ironic thing, my old case had the rail mounting system too, but it still shook like a maddog. But ever since ive gotten my acrylic case, its nice and quiet.

I have a lite-on JLMS XJ-XD166S and it is super quiet, and works great. If you go with a DVD/CD Burner combo it will be quite a bit noisier than just a DVD drive. Right now you can get the lite-on DVD for around $25-30 if you look around.

Hope this helps!

Personally, i like Samsung's and Pioneer's drives best. IMO they are more durable than the other stuff. Don't get me wrong, other brands like Sony, LG, Panasonic etc. makes awesome drives, but i would go with Pioneer or Samsung. Yes, Pioneers can be on the pricy side, but hey, they'll last a lifetime.

Edited by BROWNjello109

I have a really nice Samsung (I think) slotted drive. Its one like in cars where it sucks the cd in. I like it a lot because not only is it quiet, the disc comes out instantly, I hate having to wait five seconds for the other tray type drives to open. :)