Alan Wake

Desktop-pro

Alan Wake was supposed to be SOOOO much better than how they released it... this fails in comparison to what they said the game was going to be like. Thanks consoles! :cheers:

What has being on console got to do with it failing to live up to your expectations?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What has being on console got to do with it failing to live up to your expectations?

Because they ripped out the amazing Dx10 graphical breakthroughs the game was supposed to possess.

Console + Alan Wake =/= no Dx10. I'm not saying the game will be bad, but I didn't really follow this game for it's content. (since when it was first mentioned Dx10 was a newer thing and this was a big deal)

It could still be a good game but the fact that they didn't release it as promised kinda irks me. I'll wait to see if there's a PC version, maybe they will still implement the Dx10 features.

(not to mention I own a PS3 and couldn't get it console anyway)

DX10 is overrated bloatware

It's no surprise DX11 wasn't too far around the corner, compared to how long did we have DX9?

I wouldn't dismiss a game because its on DX9. DX9 is very solid API and there is nothing compelling in DX10 to worry about anyway.

DX10 is overrated bloatware

It's no surprise DX11 wasn't too far around the corner, compared to how long did we have DX9?

I wouldn't dismiss a game because its on DX9. DX9 is very solid API and there is nothing compelling in DX10 to worry about anyway.

YOU LIAR!!! DX10 IS SO AMAZING!!!! :lol:

DX10 is really not that great, only caused problems for me(CoH <_<)

I saw the review of this back in like what, 2007? And it was supposed to be for PC. Kinda annoying that its consoles only.

Because they ripped out the amazing Dx10 graphical breakthroughs the game was supposed to possess.

Console + Alan Wake =/= no Dx10. I'm not saying the game will be bad, but I didn't really follow this game for it's content. (since when it was first mentioned Dx10 was a newer thing and this was a big deal)

It could still be a good game but the fact that they didn't release it as promised kinda irks me. I'll wait to see if there's a PC version, maybe they will still implement the Dx10 features.

(not to mention I own a PS3 and couldn't get it console anyway)

I wasn't aware that it was ever planned for PC i.e., DX10? People still worry too much about graphics and not about gameplay!

I wasn't aware that it was ever planned for PC i.e., DX10? People still worry too much about graphics and not about gameplay!

I agree completely that graphics shouldn't be the first thing on the list with any game but let's not forget this is a thriller shooter game. Graphics play a much more important in this type of game than most other games, the idea here is to make the moments as intense as possible and that's especially true with this game as lighting is practically what it's based around. Believe me, I'm no graphics whore but I do like my games to look nice if possible and if it's important to the game then it definitely should be focused on, which is why it's kind of ironic that they should hand the game over to the less powerful system.

Overall this game has a great idea but unfortunately it's wasted on the 360 in my opinion.

I agree completely that graphics shouldn't be the first thing on the list with any game but let's not forget this is a thriller shooter game. Graphics play a much more important in this type of game than most other games, the idea here is to make the moments as intense as possible and that's especially true with this game as lighting is practically what it's based around. Believe me, I'm no graphics whore but I do like my games to look nice if possible and if it's important to the game then it definitely should be focused on, which is why it's kind of ironic that they should hand the game over to the less powerful system.

Overall this game has a great idea but unfortunately it's wasted on the 360 in my opinion.

Valid opinions, but you have to ask why the developers chose the console in the first place :)

Valid opinions, but you have to ask why the developers chose the console in the first place :)

Pretty much what krieg said, money is the reason most developers seem to turn to consoles. To me it kind of feels like that is what they are going for though, everything from my previous post was actually just based off of the video from this thread's first post, that alone tells me maybe this game doesn't have much going for it so they sort of gave up half way and dropped the PC to settle for a paycheck. The more I think about it though, it also feels like they really wouldn't be happy with just letting this good concept go like that. In fact they may be settling for the 360 right to get some cash flow again and then restart the PC version with DX11 to make the real masterpiece they wanted to make all along... but I guess I could be wrong, doesn't hurt to dream though right? :D

Believe me I'm not one of those people at all (just went totally ga ga over a 2D flash platformer for an hour straight :P) but like D.M. said, the high quality lighting and shadows would of made this game far more epic than it will be with the dated DX9 engine.

But hopefully someone picks it up and can chime and argue in it's behalf.