OCC's History

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, it's funny because your name used to be one of them :bah::rofl:

LMAO!!!! .....It is amazing how this place has evolved over the years.

Hi guys.... what's this all about? :P

When I first started posting here I had a 400MHz PII, and then an Athlon XP 1600+ then I ran up to like 2.2GHz... and like 100 other PCs. I don't think I'd be in the career field like I am now without this site.

Oh, and don't forget that like... April of 2002 or '03 was it OCC was feature on TSS on TechTV and was /.'d a few times... Really drove traffic through the roof!

Edited by DevilMB3017

Good times we all had! I joined in 2002 - First PC I overclocked was a Pentium 3 - 933MHZ. I used to Ghetto Mod everything.

I had Penny Heatsinks on my Ram. There is still actually a picture of it in the Gallery.

I also think I had the largest fan ever installed in to a PC case at the time. 230MM Fan. The entire fan was metal blades and all. There is also a picture of this in the gallery as well. (I actually still own this fan, it is in my computer parts box.)

My first real build on the site was the AMD 2500. I don't recall what I ever had it OC'ed to though.. I honestly just replaced that rig last summer with this current one in my signature.

I think in 2003 LinuXproX had an OCC LAN Party in Alabama. I drove 13 hours and I got to meet with many of the members here at the time. d3bruts1d, Bishop, and LinuXproX are 3 that I do remember.

OCC even had a sister site at one point in time ran by Bosco. It was OCCC (Overclockers Club Canada) - Even his theme was the blue. Red text on Blue if I remember right.

As d3bruts1d said most of the reviews at the time were done by people who bought items for themselves and then were kind enough to review them for the site. We also used to have a bunch of "How-to" guides on the website as well done by our Users.

Good times!