2010 OCC update feedback thread

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya just give us some time to start tweaking the update itself was massive compared to the old forums.

The update itself was large but tweaking it won't be as time consuming.

sorry man but thats just teh coolest thing....

<!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->CPU<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->: (<!--coloro:#800080--><span style="color:#800080"><!--/coloro-->Intel<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->)e8400@<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->3.510GHz<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->|Stock Voltage

<!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->Power Supply<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->: (<!--coloro:#800080--><span style="color:#800080"><!--/coloro-->Antec<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->)BP550|550w

<!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->GFX Card<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->: (<!--coloro:#800080--><span style="color:#800080"><!--/coloro-->BFG<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->)GTS 250|<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->750-1120-1836<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->|

<!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->Monitor<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->: (<!--coloro:#800080--><span style="color:#800080"><!--/coloro-->ASUS<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->)VH222H

<!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->Motherboard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->: (<!--coloro:#800080--><span style="color:#800080"><!--/coloro-->ASUS<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->)P5KPL-CM |G31|

<!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->Memory<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->: (<!--coloro:#800080--><span style="color:#800080"><!--/coloro-->Mushkin<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->) Redline 2x2GB DDR2 1000|<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->780MHz 5-5-5-12<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->|

<!--quoteo(post=1805230:date=Apr 26 2010, 06:25 PM:name=road-runner)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (road-runner @ Apr 26 2010, 06:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1805230"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sounds like a PEBKAC error to me...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--coloro:#FFFFFF--><span style="color:#FFFFFF"><!--/coloro--><div align='center'><!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->OCC Cool Club Member<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></div><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

^never again

Ballist1x Feedback.

So obviously this is new and not done. I however quickly found a few problems that need fixing and some new ideas that could make the new forum, even better. So here is what I've come up with so far:

Image n.1

111.jpg

Here I've changed a bit the top side of the forum page to make it a little easier to use imo. I don't think it's very centered so it would still need work from the devs and should be applied to all pages the same way if you decide to use it.

Image n.2

22.jpg

The post window was a bit frustrating to get used to since I couldn't tell the signature apart and also I think it needed a better and longer separating line from the posters avatar and info from the actual post. Also at the bottom where there's a + and a -, I thought it be better to just put then mext to the Report button instead of making a whole new line on top for it. I reduced the size of the "This post has been edited..." and put it a bit lower on the post window cuz I think it takes too much place and stands out too much. I don't think it should stand out so much. It was better before when it wasn't on a white background.

Image n.3

33.jpg

The biggest problem here was the background. I think that a white background with black text is much easier on the eyes rather than a dark blue with white text. Also if u notice that I've fixed a little problem with the right border of the posting window where the line would be a pixel to the right. I've put it back in place as it should be.

Image n.4

44.jpg

This is the lower part of the thread window where you choose your reply options etc. At first I was a bit frustrated and I couldn't even find the fast reply button so I changed it up a bit here and there to make it more organized and I think it's easier to choose what you want to do. I also think that a fast reply button should be added instead of the little window.

Image n.5

55.jpg

The threads list I think needed to have some kind of visual separation between all the stickies cuz when I opened the threads window I thought that the stickies were all erased but found then when I looked closer. I think this way there's you could easily find the top of the threads/most recently posted thread or most recent response to a thread and know where the stickies end.

Image n.6

66.jpg

The profile window had it's left outline a bit to the left so I put it in place although the colors don't match too well but at least it's in order. I changed the "Edit My Profile" button inside the profile window cuz I think it makes more sense that it'd be there and on it's place the things I mentioned under the first Image.

That's my feedback for now.

Edited by ballist1x