50mb/sec should be here in Indy next month

So I'm extremely excited about the 50mb connection we are supposed to have by June here in Indianapolis. I'm being told that is will cost around $70/month, adn when it comes to interent, I will always pay for the fastest connection available. I already have pretty nice internet speeds as it is, and have seen true DL speeds of 2.5Mb/sec off of RS.com. But, with this new 50mb connection coming, I'm real hyped up! I just hope it spreads fast and all of the servers I DL or play games off of jump on too! Cause not matter how fast your connection is, you can only go as fast as the source allows!

I just don't understand why America is so behind on internet speeds compared to the rest of the world, it really makes you wonder WTH hell is going on!

Anyone else scheduled for 50mb or already have it? I know it was 1st released and tested here in Ft. Wayne, In. so I was just curious if anyone out there in OCC world had access to this service yet?

ha ha good luck with that....

Comcast SUCKS....

you are on a shared connection and most of the times it isnt up to speed and they do throttle network traffic...and the hidden fees are a real crock...

gett AT&T U-Verse if you can...you'll be alot happier...

I know foir a while the only option was SBC/Sprint....

if u think america is behind on internet speeds u should look at india not many india ppl have internet and those who have internet majority have like 128-256 kbps connection,and offices and cybers have like 4 mbps or 2 mbps or 1.5 mbps ,my net connection is 1 mbps and im happy with it.

ha ha good luck with that....

Comcast SUCKS....

you are on a shared connection and most of the times it isnt up to speed and they do throttle network traffic...and the hidden fees are a real crock...

gett AT&T U-Verse if you can...you'll be alot happier...

I know foir a while the only option was SBC/Sprint....

Shared or not, U-Verse can't touch my DL speeds. The At&T people knock on my door about once a month, and everytime I tell them, take me to a U-Verse customer's house and show me DL speeds that beat mine and I will switch TODAY. But, that is always the end on the conversation, LMAO

Before you start becoming some kind of U-Verse spokesman, you should make sure you are selling a better product! Comcast is faster, coaxial is faster than a telephone line. They might tell you fiber-optic this and that, but the line from them to you is not completely fiber-optic!

I have faster DL and UP speeds than you for sure, just do some research, or compare your speed with the link to mine in my sig. Or if you really want to see the difference, we can both post some true DL speeds in a screenshot, and we can see how that turns out!

But, something tells me I prob won't see any screenshots from you! But, if your going to respond just do it with a screenshot!

Comcast > ANY internet AT&T has

Plus again the topic is 50Mb connection, call your provider and ask when your getting it! Does anyone have the 50Mb connection yet? I'm interested.

Edited by SpeedwayNative

are you sure it's bytes and not bits?

you were asking why America was so behind in internet speeds? well it costs a lot more to cover all of America than say South Korea, and it's easier to monopolize this market than others like telephone or supermarkets

if u think america is behind on internet speeds u should look at india not many india ppl have internet and those who have internet majority have like 128-256 kbps connection,and offices and cybers have like 4 mbps or 2 mbps or 1.5 mbps ,my net connection is 1 mbps and im happy with it.

In general, we are behind. But, yea still not bad. I agree that if the avg is 128-256kb/s then i would be happy with 1MB also :)

Don't get so defensive! <_<

On a side note, I'm stuck on a 1Mbps DSL connection which costs $34/month. Yay

I usually don't but the guy came out of the gate with a "gl with that, and COMCAST SUCKS" so I just had to clear the matter up ;)

are you sure it's bytes and not bits?

you were asking why America was so behind in internet speeds? well it costs a lot more to cover all of America than say South Korea, and it's easier to monopolize this market than others like telephone or supermarkets

Are you asking about internet connections with the byte/bit question? If so it is megabits, sry, my abbv were wrong! <---edit, in my original post it was correct actually :)

Also, I have heard some conspiracy theories that the government has actually made the regulation on how fast our internet speeds can be. That they just want to make sure that the avg person is no where near what they are running at, and that all of the tech is there for 100+ MB/s, but they aren't letting it happen that way!

Edited by SpeedwayNative

I have TimeWarner RoadRunner Turbo and avg 20-30mb/s depending on the time of day.

and it's easier to monopolize this market than others like telephone or supermarkets

Back home in OH, the turbo speed was 30mb down 768k up. I asked a RR tech why the upload speed was so poor and his exact words were "Time Warner doesn't see the need to increase the speed at this time because there isn't much competition." He went on to say that in that specific area, they could give everyone a ~150mb down and ~50mb up. He said they are just waiting for competition to raise their speed, then within a matter of weeks, they will have theirs above the competition. Kinda lame if you ask me.

In Ft Bliss, TX I'm paying for a 15mb/2mb but I avg 20-30 down.

We just finally got 1.5MB connections here and it only took 3 years. Yesterday I actually hit 2MB down which was nice. A lot better then the 350KB down I got before :lol:

Ha u guys over pay!!! I am getting 50 mbps down and 5 up (Roadrunner Wideband) and its Free!!!!

(Taking into fact that my dad works for TWC :lol: )

LMAO, did you really have to bring this up? Really? :D

Don't get so defensive! <_>

I usually don't but the guy came out of the gate with a "gl with that, and COMCAST SUCKS" so I just had to clear the matter up ;)

Agreed...

you should NOT with a Moderator....because if you do your life here will be short term....

I have NOTHING to prove to you....here we have Comcast as well as do a lot of my customers....I personally have Verizon DSL 3meg service because i wont pay Comcast exorbitant fees

Compared to U-Verse they are crap for service....I dont care about the fastest speeds....I am all about getting what I pay for and the best service possible...Comcast falls VERY short of that....

I Hope you are happy with their service but if not...dont say I didnt tell you so.... I dont care one way or the other what service you have...

you gave your thoughts and I gave my opinion....lets leave it at that...!