50mb/sec should be here in Indy next month

I have heard the stories about Comcast for years, is it still bad or does it just depend on the area? I remember Bishop and I think Psywar used to have tons of issues with them.

Indiana and Michigan and fellow states are riddled with issues...

they used to hire 3rd party services to do the line maintenance but has since gotten rid of all workers of the Cable Bar and do it again "In-house" and the service has went from bad to worse....

the equipment is old and outdated and the voltages at each repeater are all over the place and there is different types of equipment in place that runs on different spec and repeaters and are sometimes not compatible and cause issues from home to home....

My Father-in-law worked for one of the largest Comcast sub-companies...I got 1st hand experience...

Indiana and Michigan and fellow states are riddled with issues...

they used to hire 3rd party services to do the line maintenance but has since gotten rid of all workers of the Cable Bar and do it again "In-house" and the service has went from bad to worse....

the equipment is old and outdated and the voltages at each repeater are all over the place and there is different types of equipment in place that runs on different spec and repeaters and are sometimes not compatible and cause issues from home to home....

My Father-in-law worked for one of the largest Comcast sub-companies...I got 1st hand experience...

Sounds like a company being cheap :lol:

you were asking why America was so behind in internet speeds? well it costs a lot more to cover all of America than say South Korea, and it's easier to monopolize this market than others like telephone or supermarkets

:withstupid:

America is a much bigger place when you compared it to South Korea and Japan because there so small it makes it easy for companies to layout high speed networks and there more densely populated so they can provide the high bandwidth connections at a low cost. There also more competition which is another factor in driving down the cost of high speed connections in those country's as well.

Also 50 mbps is probably under the most ideal conditions you'll probably end up with 20-30 mbps as an average and Comcast uses power boost which makes the internet connection look like it runs faster then it really does.

Edited by fire_storm

I have heard many horror stories from Comcast customers. But I have to say, I have been with them for 3 years now, and I have yet to have any major issues. Now, I can personnally attest to having to deal with some retarded sub-contractors, who I had the pleasure of dealing with after a move! But, I had NO problems getting down in the crawl space and making sure that everything was wired the exact way I wanted it!

I also give them a quartely call to discuss what it will take for me to remain a Comcast customer, and everytime I do, they come up with some kind of unadvertised deal that makes me smile! But, I have never had any problems with my service! Yea, here and there over the last 3 years I have maybe lost internet 2 maybe 3 time total for just a few hours max, but you will have that, it's unavoidable!

Also dr_bowtie I never intended to be offensive, nor do I think I got that way. I stated my opinions on the speed Comcast offers, which is my main concern. You expressed the fact that speed is not yours. I'm all about lettling bygones be bygones on this issue, I just wanted to be clear that I wasn't being offensive. Maybe a little defensive about my beloved DL/UP speed :) but not offensive!

Also, what part of IN are you from?