i7 920 C-Batch

R1P5AW

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, I wish mine could overclock at those voltages! Where do you find the batch number, on the CPU, or is there a program?

Yeah, am waiting for the i7 970, too, but I hate the numbering convention for it. They should have moved it to the 1000's to make it less confusing. I mean, there are the i7 950, 960, 965 that are quads, and now a i7 970 for a hex, but then the i7 975x is a quad, then the 980x is a hex. Wtf?

Seems like the prices for the i7 970's still most likely going to be pricey, like in the $650 USD range. I might not go that route unless it gets down to the $400 range. I can't wait for the AMD hex's!

I'd rather wait until q3 for the i7 970 :)

I'd like to get a Hex-core but as my only real use for the PC apart from forums such as this, is gaming. I cant think of a good enough reason to get it. By good enough reason I mean, what excuse can I use to justify it to "the boss". Its my hobby worked for quite a while, but she added up the invoicees I left in my desk :(

Since Im still on LGA775 and Core2Duo the investment to move forward is a bit steep since I would have to get new motherboard, memory, CPU

Geez, I wish mine could overclock at those voltages! Where do you find the batch number, on the CPU, or is there a program?

Batch # is on the box's label and printed on the CPU :)