1. 1. Do You Belive In God?

• yes
    • no
    • not telling

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pico no one would flame you for what you believe in you have the right to believe in what you wish...

At least your not one who believes in WE evolved from monkey's.. which i would have to ask.. if so then why are there still monkey's? what the rest couldn't make it over the hump? Heck Al Gore made it...

or your not one that believes only 149 thousand are going to heaven ( J-Whitnesses) which i also would have to ask then why are you trying to convert more people to your religion by going door to door? don't you think that would be putting you down the ladder of entry?? or you just havent sold enough of the Watchtower to make your quota???

just a thought.... :unsure:

believe in what you will God is supposed to forgive all and love all no matter what....

the reason there are monkeys today is because they werent monkeys back then... they were the ancestors of monkeys and

our ancestors as they believe... sometimes a species splits away from each other, and some make variations

in it's genepool slightly... we drifted away and kept making variations which turned us into modern day humans, as they

made other variations but still take a similar form... This happens a lot, like with different species of dogs, birds, cats,

bah tons of stuff I dono... it's all in science books... should've paid more attention in biology...

Honestly I don't know what to think about God. I am open to the possibility of his existence but I feel that no one should be told how they should believe or what to believe. I am a baptised catholic non-practicing and frankly the catholic religion sux there are some things about the catholic religion that deeply disturb me. And NO was never an altar boy!

The point is I feel the question is just too big for me to contemplate right now. I have to much of my own crap to deal with to worry about god and hell and all of these other things.

Check the first 5 wav files on this web page, they really sum up alot of the problems I have personally with religion. People like in the first 4 clips scare the s[-]1+ out of me. these are unstable people who are desparatly clinging to something and it is trully frightening. The 5th clip is the Carlin Wav I am trying to post with this reply. It show the opposite perspective from the first 4.

http://www.slonet.org/~rloomis/odd.html

Really this attached clip from George Carlin sums up some of what i feel about religion.

WARNING! It is George Carlin and he can be offensive. But, remember it's comedy and comedy is supposed to make you think.

j5 Out

PS. I think DeMoN was trying unsucsessfully to quote this clip from Carlin is his earlier posts.

Edited by Jonny5

Well said Pico..you make some great points :)

i second that, that is what i wanted to type all along but couldnt put it quite right. thanks pico

secondly, if we evolved form moneys, if we keep monkeys in a zoo, will they eventually become a man if we keep breeding in the "family" if you get what im saying?