Hello from Afghanistan!

Doombringer

Dude OMG,,,, are there guns on the UAV? :) :) :) :)

hmmmm, I wonder if it's illegal to mount a gun on a remote control helicopter.... :ph34r:

Most of them are for surveillance, though I believe there are a few mounted with a couple of missiles.

Welcome to the site man, we should be able to help expand your knowledge in no time. :D And, like everyone else, thank you for serving our country!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and welcome to OCC. Thank you for your service. Yes, it is great to read threads as you will learn a lot same with reading guides and reviews. Yes, always ask when you are going to buy hardware as it is very important.

Goodluck sir.

Hello and welcome to OCC. Thank you for your service. Yes, it is great to read threads as you will learn a lot same with reading guides and reviews. Yes, always ask when you are going to buy hardware as it is very important.

Goodluck sir.

he's enlisted, not a sir

Welcome to OCC !!

see ya when ya get back...

Thanks for all the thanks, folks!

@ feetfats, mine is, currently, strictly an aerial reconnaissance platform, but we can perform artillery targeting and terminal guidance operations (calling in airstrikes) as well.

We also have laser designator capabilities, allowing us to "buddy lase" Hellfires fired from helicopters or GBUs dropped from aircraft.

FY12 we'll have 25-lb. laser-guided glide munitions and a re-wing upgrade, allowing us to fill an important niche in combat operations. Not overkill on personnel like a Hellfire is... ;)

Read all about us here, here, and here.

On the second page's photo album, you can see a bunch of pictures of our unit's activation and ball (USMC is enhancing their UAS coverage dramatically). I was the narrator at our ball. (on the right, of course, haha!) :rolleyes:

Edited by Doombringer

he's enlisted, not a sir

Welcome to OCC !!

see ya when ya get back...

Sir as in showing respect to someone or calling someone by it like how you say "yes sir", used in English..

I wasn't referring to the Marine category...