overclocking issue....

Kejiua

I've bought a custom watercooling kit and I install it, everything is find but when I,m overclocking more than 4.2ghz my ram is set to 1700mhz and I have blue screen... my ram is not watercooled, what can be my probleme heat?I have 3x2gb of Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1333 and my motherboard are asus ASUS Rampage II Gene thanks for the help

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've bought a custom watercooling kit and I install it, everything is find but when I,m overclocking more than 4.2ghz my ram is set to 1700mhz and I have blue screen... my ram is not watercooled, what can be my probleme heat?I have 3x2gb of Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1333 and my motherboard are asus ASUS Rampage II Gene thanks for the help

the ram is rated to 1333mhz and the fact that you got it to 1700mhz blows my mind....you can manually lower the ram speed in bios dram settings little bit and try that...maybe down to like ddr3 1280 or 1203mhz and see if it holds

the ram is rated to 1333mhz and the fact that you got it to 1700mhz blows my mind....you can manually lower the ram speed in bios dram settings little bit and try that...maybe down to like ddr3 1280 or 1203mhz and see if it holds

:withstupid: I'd try Lowering the Ram clock before doing anything else and see if stability returns. Worst case senario start From scratch and work your Overclock up slowly so You know where a problem is. Are you using stability testers and what kind?

Edited by boinker

ok I'll try that and yes I try stability test and some software like Hot cpu tester, Cpuid CPU z and speed fan for temp.... but for now I'm overclock to 4.0 and my ram are at 1604 and stabilitest succesfully past it's that possible that the ram just don't handle over 1700, because de motherboard can give up to 2100...... I wan't to reach 4.6 so need help for ram to get the highest I can waterblock for ram are not very usefull if temp are not the issue......

ok I'll try that and yes I try stability test and some software like Hot cpu tester, Cpuid CPU z and speed fan for temp.... but for now I'm overclock to 4.0 and my ram are at 1604 and stabilitest succesfully past it's that possible that the ram just don't handle over 1700, because de motherboard can give up to 2100...... I wan't to reach 4.6 so need help for ram to get the highest I can waterblock for ram are not very usefull if temp are not the issue......

DUDE, this is not rocket science here, it's just OCing. Lower your ram multiplier (to take the ram out of the equation) then push the chip as far as it will go (or as far as you want to take it) then settle on the best ram speed you can get.

I'm almost not even in the mood to respond in this thread, but will in hopes of actually helping out.

I don't see anywhere the OP even lists what processor he is running....... Have I missed that somewhere?

So any recommendations on vcore voltage could be way off base and potentially cpu killing.

My DDR3 PC1333 ram won't do 1700Mhz - hmmm mine neither. I'm happy that my PC1600 ram runs 1700Mhz......

Reaching 4.6Ghz - again not sure what cpu you have but 4.6Ghz is probably pie in the sky. Getting ANY cpu to 4.6Ghz stable requires a lot of patience, understanding, knowledge, skill and even experience sometimes.

Kejiua - if you haven't already, the very best thing you can do is set everything back to BIOS defaults - then read a good guide on overclocking socket 1366 boards. When you think you know it all - go back and read the guides again. Then start overclocking. Baby steps. Finding the max clocks your memory and cpu can run independently of one another at whatever you are willing to risk voltage and heat wise.

Edited by wevsspot

Ok so I start to play with voltage my ram have 1.435 I rise it to 1.445 it's more stable but crash after 3 min (at 4.6ghz) and if I rise it again a little like 1.455 it crash after 1 min so I should rise by .001??? I will tell you my pc configuration just to help you help me :P I have a i7 920 d0, 2x ati saphire 5850, asus rampage 2 gene, 6gb of corsair xms3 at 1333, corsair 750 watt for power supply, I want to reach 5.0ghz at 4.2 I'm fully stable and just have 50 degree after 6 hour of hot cpu tester pro so.... I think I can reach that but I have difficulties, I really think the probleme are the ram but I try my ram at 1293 and cpu at 4.6 and blue screen again so maybe the cpu voltage are not enought if someone have a link with predefine voltage for a i7 920 or something.... any idea to help are good and appreciate so I wait after your idea

Sorry. flag on the play, exaggerating clock speeds. I'm calling BS on the 4.6gig. :blink: Remove 1gig and say 3.6. the truth will set you free. :D

Edited by dling

I'm almost not even in the mood to respond in this thread, but will in hopes of actually helping out.

I don't see anywhere the OP even lists what processor he is running....... Have I missed that somewhere?

So any recommendations on vcore voltage could be way off base and potentially cpu killing.

My DDR3 PC1333 ram won't do 1700Mhz - hmmm mine neither. I'm happy that my PC1600 ram runs 1700Mhz......

Reaching 4.6Ghz - again not sure what cpu you have but 4.6Ghz is probably pie in the sky. Getting ANY cpu to 4.6Ghz stable requires a lot of patience, understanding, knowledge, skill and even experience sometimes.

Kejiua - if you haven't already, the very best thing you can do is set everything back to BIOS defaults - then read a good guide on overclocking socket 1366 boards. When you think you know it all - go back and read the guides again. Then start overclocking. Baby steps. Finding the max clocks your memory and cpu can run independently of one another at whatever you are willing to risk voltage and heat wise.

if you dont mind what mem are you running ? I cant mine to run @1600 stable during memtest.