Good but cheap 1920x1200 monitor?

Well my birthday is coming up and I was wondering if anyone knows of a cheap yet good monitor that has a resolution of 1920x1200? I was looking for the debranded HP but its out of stock everywhere :(

Price should be around $200-$220(That is the max, it can be lower of course :))

I want to get one with the 1920x1200 resolution because I really want this to be the last upgrade on my monitor and I heard that resolution is better than 1920x1080.

Edit: IVI this is a thread for you, trying to find the cheapest yet good monitor for me :) (:lol:)

If this is not possible, then would a 1920x1080 monitor be good too? I really just want to get the best I can so I don't have to upgrade in the future. (I did find that weird 23" Samsung on Tigerdirect for $200 with the weird resolution...Is this better?)

Edited by Krieg1337

Out of stock, and is that place even reliable?

I remember the good shopping said it had numerous good reviews. I'd buy it myself if I needed a monitor, they have a 26" for $260 (which is a good deal) but no where near as good as that 24"

I remember the good shopping said it had numerous good reviews. I'd buy it myself if I needed a monitor, they have a 26" for $260 (which is a good deal) but no where near as good as that 24"

Ahh thank you :)

But there is still the problem with it being out of stock, hopefully it comes back in stock soon!

ops yeah the tiger direct is nice.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=4124

Samsung 2343BWX 23" LCD Monitor - 5ms, 2048 x 1152, 20000:1 $199.99

Is that a good resolution? And it seems like it wouldn't be supported by a lot of games? Oh yeah, I only game on this computer!

Also wouldn't a 24" with a 1920x1080 resolution be better?(Isn't a bigger resolution on a smaller monitor bad?)

Edited by Krieg1337

no you want the highest res possible on the smallest monitor possible for best picture quality, as far as gaming goes if the game supports wide screens resolutions it will be fine, because the game will just will just set the screen res to match what it wants, if that is 1900x1200 then so be it, as long as the resolution aspect ratio is compatible you won't have a problem. in this case it looks be 16:10 which is fairly common so it shouldn't pose a problem.

Edited by spectrascope

I'm not a fan of the new trend of 16:9 monitors flooding the markets but get what you want.

Yeah me neither, that is why I was looking for a 1920x1200 but if they are too expensive well then that won't happen :(

I will try to find one though, if I can't I will just go with a 16:9 monitor.

I prefer Hanns-G and Hannspree 28" monitors because of the viewing size. They're usually around $300 - $400, but sometimes you can find deals if you're patient. Black Friday at Newegg hits down to $225 for the HG281D. MicroCenter for the better Hannspree HF289H when I bought one open boxed, was also around $225 (usually $350). I have 2 HG281D's, and 1 HF289H's. One of the HG281D's has a vertical strip pixel-sized line (shipping costs for manufacturer's warranty or RMA is $80, so I'm living with it).

If you buy a monitor, buy locally if you can. The cost you save by taking a chance ordering online can be expensive due to shipping if it's defective in any way.