Good but cheap 1920x1200 monitor?

Only 604 seller ratings, and not many of them are on monitors. You'd have a better idea doing a google search.

If you're going for refurbished or open box, especially for monitors, I'd recommend going local so you can see it in action at the store, or if they have a return policy you don't have to pay for shipping to return or RMA it - you can just drive to the place to return it for a refund.

It's tough getting a good 1920 x 1200 monitor. The monitor you're looking at has a 5ms response time. If you're watching action movies or playing games on that thing, get a 3ms or 2ms response time. Unfortunately the good high resolution monitors you're looking for are going to cost around or over $300 if there's no sale, refurb, or open box.

Here's a good monitor:

ASUS VW266H - 25.5" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD display w/ Stereo speakers (1920 x 1200 and 2ms response time)

$289.99 before tax with free shipping - http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=...tingid=47751376

$287.50 before tax, plus shipping, but with $30 mail-in rebate (which is a coin-toss that you'll actually get a check) - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/6457...screen_LCD.html

IVI you are way to good at this :lol:

I may go ahead and go with that Westinghouse so I can still get some other things for my bday :P

I will check eCost.com on some websites to see if its reliable.

Edit: Looks like eCost.com is a terrible place(Resellerratings.com) but unityelectronics got good reviews. So I guess its the BenQ then :)

That HP on newegg, the response time is 8ms wouldn't that be bad for games?

Edited by Krieg1337

IVI you are way to good at this :lol:

I may go ahead and go with that Westinghouse so I can still get some other things for my bday :P

I will check eCost.com on some websites to see if its reliable.

Edit: Looks like eCost.com is a terrible place(Resellerratings.com) but unityelectronics got good reviews. So I guess its the BenQ then :)

That HP on newegg, the response time is 8ms wouldn't that be bad for games?

ah yeah I suppose it would :P, I just threw together a list. (with my only search specifics as 24" and 1920x1200)

BenQ sounds like the winner indeed

I wouldn't buy refurbished. Ever.

Also, watch out with cheap monitors, I told you already, but I'll say it again....you get what you pay for.

Honestly, I wouldn't cheap out on a monitor, the risk of getting stuck pixels is just too high with these generic brands when ordering online.

I would go to best buy/ walmart and just check the monitor out in person :thumbs-up:

I wouldn't buy refurbished. Ever.

Also, watch out with cheap monitors, I told you already, but I'll say it again....you get what you pay for.

Honestly, I wouldn't cheap out on a monitor, the risk of getting stuck pixels is just too high with these generic brands when ordering online.

I would go to best buy/ walmart and just check the monitor out in person :thumbs-up:

and be raped by the mark up.

I've never had issues with refurb products anymore than a new product.

I would contact whereever you buy from on their stuckpixel guarantee (how they handle stuck pixel returns).

I'd even demand they open the monitor and check for any.