GTX 480 Benchmarks on Official nVidia video :)

The video sucks just like NVIDIA this year!!!

WTF is wrong with them!?!

Last year they had the fastest single core gpu(285) and the fastest gpu(295), this year they have nothing, released a s*** driver and now they are competing with 5870 instead of 5970!

It's like the whole company started taking drugs.

shame it's so late, but this is a pretty good outcome for PC enthusiasts (ie US!).

almost equivalent general performance, but significantly differentiated features makes for a fairly interesting generation of videocards. i suppose we may be seeing the 480 inch ahead as the drivers improve, but then again i can only imagine nvidia has already used the delay to make sure it's competitive at launch.

just gotta hope they've kept costs reasonable.

shame it's so late, but this is a pretty good outcome for PC enthusiasts (ie US!).

almost equivalent general performance, but significantly differentiated features makes for a fairly interesting generation of videocards. i suppose we may be seeing the 480 inch ahead as the drivers improve, but then again i can only imagine nvidia has already used the delay to make sure it's competitive at launch.

Yeah. Well. At risk of getting called an ATI fanboy as usual... I do think nVidia is in a lot of trouble in the Desktop GPU department. And I think that, fanboy or not, that's almost unanimous at this point.

i sure hope so , i love both companies but i like nvidia more than ati for some reasons .

the 480 is the warning and then a more powerful one will come out to take down the mighty 5970 and be the fastest gpu and another one to be the fastest single gpu that is what nvidia always does but this year they were fooling around a little.

Edited by N.E.A

wht about the asus 5970 which has 4gb memory that will kill Nvidia

oh , i forgot about that , i think nvidia will do some thing to punch it but it will kill the card that will compete with 5970 unless nvidia makes it alot more powerful.

I may get the "Fermi", Generally I dont like nVidia, but it seems to have slightly more performance than the 5870.

That is if the prices match.........

oh , i forgot about that , i think nvidia will do some thing to punch it but it will kill the card that will compete with 5970 unless nvidia makes it alot more powerful.

A GTX480 X2 might be in the works.....

Edited by CAINuKe

If you noticed, the FPS chart was already made when he ran his benchmark (which he shuts off part way through) so those may or may not be accurate numbers. Again, PR people get paid to sell . and nVidia's do just about whatever they can, including a single card getting renamed and re released with almost no improvements twice (original was 8800GT, became the 9800GT, and then the GTS 250).

If you noticed, the FPS chart was already made when he ran his benchmark (which he shuts off part way through) so those may or may not be accurate numbers. Again, PR people get paid to sell . and nVidia's do just about whatever they can, including a single card getting renamed and re released with almost no improvements twice (original was 8800GT, became the 9800GT, and then the GTS 250).

I don't trust anything nVidia does. Probably shouldn't trust ATI, either. I just have not, myself, seen reason not to. nVidia keeps pulling these low-class word manipulations. They'll do things like this:

nVidia Rep: 'We have a card coming out this spring.'

*Spring comes*

nVidia Rep: 'Well... define Spring?'

There's been more and more of that cheap kind of trickery. And it's a sign of a desperate company. They're still afloat and they will be for a long time. But only because I don't think their mistakes will get much worse than 'Fermi'. They'll pick up their BS soon enough and become the 8800GT creators we all love :)