IW Studio Heads fired by Activision.

WhenKittensATK

Why does everyone want to have . with IW? Seriously, their games weren't that great. CoD4, OMG OMG SO AWESOME, not really. I found the maps were tiny, it was just M4 and AK in Hardcore and MP5 in regular. All the other guns were just garbage compared to those. (P90 was also alright in regular and hardcore). The story, it was pretty crappy too if you ask me. Everyone always bashes Treyarch, yet they gave you idiots what you wanted. Bigger maps, wasn't that a huge complaint in CoD4? Guess what CoD WaW has those. Its more fun to use a bolt than an assault rifle in every match. The story was also way better IMO. Maybe its just because I still enjoy WW2 shooters.

Oh yeah, btw, look up CoD7(I am pretty sure it will be made by Treyarch) guess what, dedicated servers are coming back. Seriously, stop loving IW. <_<

While I do agree that treyarch did a good job with WaW, i don't think they are better company in the series. The first cod that they touched was call of duty 2: big red one and that game really didn't serve any purpose other than graphics, their goal with that game was to push the PS2 harder, but it was still decent. The second cod game they got was call of duty 3, a game that never came to PC but did hit every other platform out there. Then came WaW, and at this point they finally did it, they made a call of duty worth talking about and worth playing, in my opinion WaW was pretty good. Then they did call of duty modern warfare reflex for the wii... just another way for them to show that they couldn't hold pride. Infinity Ward is the second best developer in my opinion, with call of duty, call of duty 2, and call of duty 4, I think they did a great job with all three of those, especially call of duty 4 though, and I'm not going to say omg for it in caps, it wasn't that good, but to me cod4 was the second best game in the series. My favorite developers and game in the call of duty series is Gray Matter with Call of Duty United Offensive, this is the one game in the series that actually went for more than just your typical small map knife fest, they made large maps and allowed the use of vehicles, but after their attempt as giving the series progress infinity ward came along with cod2 and was like "nope, ain't happening" and reverted back to boring small maps where virtually all combat had to be close quarters combat.

And that boys and girls... is where baby call of duties come from. :D

My boss knows the lead designer on the Activion side for MW2. It is clear they wanted change and Activision is big enough to find replacements. Could things have been settled better? I'm sure, but I really don't know. I don't know what their environment was like and why hell hit the fan. Maybe IW got too big for their britches. (breaking out the oldie phrases!)

People here keep thinking MW2 failed and thinking people are only buying it from name recognition alone, but most of my friends/co-workers playing never even played any of the previous incarnations before ...not to mention MW2 is still pretty damn high on the Amazon.com sales chart. Still #6 for PC sales despite its pathetic 2 star rating. :lol: There are much newer games out right now not doing well. And while sales figures aren't everything, they still point to trend. If it really failed as bad as people want to believe, we still wouldn't be talking about it right now. How many games have been released since MW2 that most of us have already forgotten about?

Anyway, I don't know any Activision people myself personally, but I doubt they are crying too hard. You don't make those kind of moves without knowing your are going to lose people to the competition. They probably don't want those people anyway as they probably had a sour outlook to begin with. The good employees will stay. Unless of course Activision is underpaying them then Respawn would probably know that.

Besides competition is freaking awesome for us, look how many of these offshoots actually make a good name for the themself. Tends to keep the bigger companies honest too, as not to lose to the people they hate.

This seems like a great change to me.

While I can see your point how a game must not suck too much if people are still talking about it but I think the same rule applies to games that really really suck, I think most people here can probably remember the worst game they have ever played. I will say though that it isn't a complete failure, just that it fails at what it shouldn't, like shooting, I personally wouldn't call a game where most of your arsenal are bombs and FPS, I would call that bomber man.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I can see your point how a game must not suck too much if people are still talking about it but I think the same rule applies to games that really really suck, I think most people here can probably remember the worst game they have ever played. I will say though that it isn't a complete failure, just that it fails at what it shouldn't, like shooting, I personally wouldn't call a game where most of your arsenal are bombs and FPS, I would call that bomber man.

That's the thing though, it doesn't "really, really suck". The majority of the people bad mouthing it never played it - they are sour there are no dedicated servers. Then there is a 2nd group of people judging it solely on the Single Player campaign and never even tried the multiplayer. Then there is an even smaller group of people who tried multiplayer for a few/couple games and called it quits soon after. At least the 3rd group tried. I can easily see their frustration as the game really is not friendly at all to new people - it is completely unforgiving and sadly there are too many idiots that get on Comms and confirm their moron status.

I saw your post in the other topic, so I know you at least tried. There are definitely fads where some people will go on a n00b tube spree and RPG spree. Sometimes they'll go on a riot shield spree, and sometimes they'll go on a sniper spree. I can't speak for the PC Gamers of MW2 but at least on XBL those fads last at most a weekend if not less. Many times I'll just keep disconnecting between the matches till I find a group of people I like playing with when that crap happens. If I can't find a decent group of people I'll call it for the night and try again another night.

But you can't say the game sucks at shooting because of the playstyles of the gamers, well technically you can but that's pretty close minded. You should at least point out why the shooting sucks. You can blame the game for including them into the game, but most shooters (BC2 does) include grenade launchers and RPGs. Biggest thing about MW2 I see many new people screwing up on is ...if the enemy team has Air Support, unless you have Cold Blooded on or a rocket launcher you really shouldn't be going outside. I have a Stinger/Cold Blooded spec specifically for games where the enemy is calling in air support after air support. Those custom classes really are the key to doing well in MW2. You don't get them till I think level 4 or so but at least the fist 10 levels can be had in about 30min or so.

I know BC2 has a lot of explosion materials as well but the thing is that BC2 maps are massive, which means to do well with the RPG or noob tube you kind of have to aim it fairly well for the most part, call of duty maps are simply too small for explosives like those, I mean claymores and grenades would be fine but airstrikes and RPGs simply can't be avoided in a call of duty game, actually I would imagine that's part of the reason things like tanks aren't in call of duty, aside from mobility, a tank would pretty much devastate any map, on the other hand tanks make for a great vehicles in BC2 because there is so much you can destroy, it would take a good minute or two just to try and take all the walls out of a single two house.

I can definitely see how MW2 is well balanced in the sense of rock paper scissors but as far as map vs destructive force goes, I would say MW2 and the the first MW are very unbalanced.

RPG or noob tube you kind of have to aim it fairly well for the most part, call of duty maps are simply too small

For example:

I'm gonna have to bash CoD as crap for multiplayer.

1 ) Guns are way too accurate. Hold trigger and all your bullets hit a target at the end of map.

2 ) Random spawn is not cool. Soldiers just don't pop up everywhere. There are front lines.

3 ) Killing Streaks promote camping and are overpowered. You take 1-2 kill streaks and you go 30+ kills. Scoreboards are just overbloated instant kill streaks (camper mode :P).

4 ) Horrible map designs. You run in circles in the map the entire time. Players who constantly move are the ones who die, because everyone is camping to build up kill streaks.

5 ) Perks are overpowered and unbalanced. (One Man Army and Commando Pro)

When I see people bragging about their scores on CoD, all I see is no talent kill streaks that give instant kills :P

I hope they don't make another CoD 4/ MW2 look-a-like under their new company.

Edited by Krazyxazn

For example:

1 ) Guns are way too accurate. Hold trigger and all your bullets hit a target at the end of map.

2 ) Random spawn is not cool. Soldiers just don't pop up everywhere. There are front lines.

3 ) Killing Streaks promote camping and are overpowered. You take 1-2 kill streaks and you go 30+ kills. Scoreboards are just overbloated instant kill streaks (camper mode :P).

4 ) Horrible map designs. You run in circles in the map the entire time. Players who constantly move are the ones who die, because everyone is camping to build up kill streaks.

When I see people bragging about their scores on CoD, all I see is no talent kill streaks that give instant kills :P

:withstupid:

COD4 had fairly alright kill streaks compared to MW2. They just went crazy in MW2... I think the maps arn't as fun in MW2, maps in COD4 are a lot more fun, as you moved with your team more imo... It required holding positions, making pushes, and flanking. MW2 is just so chaotic.

The guns are a bit to accurate, with that said though, the guns in lets say BFBC2 are a lot less accurate and seem harder to use. At least w/ scopes, maybe I haven't unlocked the best scope yet, but aiming seems kinda all over the place when your using a scope, thus I stick to red dots, and ACOGs

The guns in BC2 are accurate enough. If you take the time to pause between each burst. It's not like you just keep tapping your mouse quickly. It's more tap pause 2-3 seconds tap again. And I will tell you won't miss on each burst.

The guns in BC2 are accurate enough. If you take the time to pause between each burst. It's not like you just keep tapping your mouse quickly. It's more tap pause 2-3 seconds tap again. And I will tell you won't miss on each burst.

The assault rifles are decent, the sniper rifles on the other hand require to much work to be of much fun... Maybe I don't have a good enough scope yet...

I gonna have to beg to different on default sniper scopes. I got my friend to buy BC2 for the PC and he mostly plays on the 360. He plugged in a 360 controller and he's doing ok with snipers, that's all he plays. Like most new player to BC2, all they play is sniper. I guess its because they don't die as much playing sniper :P.

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/Murphy%20R%20T

As for me I do fine with the default scopes as well: http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/Krazyxazn

I mostly use the extra Ammo perk anyways with Recon class, rather than another scope.

If you're standing really far away then you are going to have to do some serious guessing leading on your target as you have to account for bullet travel time and gravity. Medium range you really don't have to account for bullet drop more than 1 cm above and its easier to lead moving targets.

If you trying to use the Type 88 and SVU, then you are definitely going to need to follow the 2-3 second rule. If you shoot too fast with those two guns most of your bullets will miss and recoil will throw you off.

Edited by Krazyxazn

The guns in BC2 may be accurate but they suck doing damage. That's probably why most people gravitate toward the recon class. I HATE playing sniper in any FPS game. I run around too much and want action right away rather than waiting for it like a good sniper does. I mostly played Engineer last night, but I quickly went to Recon when I was getting my arse over powered ...and that's because it didn't take an insane amount of shots required for the Sniper Rifle. You lose your aim while rechambering but if you plan on the enemy moving after the 1st hit, most of the time you'll get another shot off to finish him off.

And if you think it takes no skill in MW2 to get a good killstreak going than you must not have played in awhile. People are too skilled now for someone to camp the same spot. In the beginning I saw tons of enemy nukes. I don't think I've seen an enemy nuke in a couple months now. One dude got 1 on my team about a month ago. Even getting Pavelow or Chopper Gunner takes some skill so gotta disagree with your assessment there.

Guns are definitely more accurate in MW2 and also more damaging, but I like that. There SHOULD be a sense of fear in you. I found my guns in BC2 to be so pathetic people didn't run for cover when I'd hit them. Many times they would stand there out in the open looking to see who shot them. Even when I 1-round bursted to reduce recoil error in aim, it still took me 2-3 clips to kill someone off. I felt like a horsefly bugging an elephant when I was hitting this one sniper camping a roof on the snow stage. It was kinda funny watching him run all over that roof top trying to see who hit him. :lol:

For example:

Yeah thats why I have lightweight pro, marathon pro and ninja pro and run around the map in HC Search and destroy and go 12-0. Yeah, looks like the campers really won there. :rolleyes:

One man army? What? Commando pro? Do you only play regular or what? Go play some hardcore instead for once. My kill streak is UAV, counter UAV and predator, so I don't benefit too much from them.

Way to accurate? If you say so, is this on a console with auto aim?

Video - I will not complain about (add topic) because it is obviously crappy. Uhm what the heck? 20 minutes to get a lobby when it came out, I used to have 9 people in my lobby and we got a game in 10 seconds. Cry more.

Edited by Krieg1337

For example:

Love that video, I didn't even know all the perks and killstreaks when I was playing and I still don't so it is kind of nice to see that someone that plays the game does see the flaws in that kind of stuff. I have to kind of disagree with your first point though, I know guns don't actually have perfect accuracy but if I'm playing a FPS and I have really good aim, I want that to count for something, I mean if I killed most of my enemies with my aim half an inch off to the left then I wouldn't feel like I have good aim, just that I was lucky, but I also don't play for realism so obviously it's a completely different point of view.

The guns in BC2 may be accurate but they suck doing damage. That's probably why most people gravitate toward the recon class. I HATE playing sniper in any FPS game. I run around too much and want action right away rather than waiting for it like a good sniper does. I mostly played Engineer last night, but I quickly went to Recon when I was getting my arse over powered ...and that's because it didn't take an insane amount of shots required for the Sniper Rifle. You lose your aim while rechambering but if you plan on the enemy moving after the 1st hit, most of the time you'll get another shot off to finish him off.

And if you think it takes no skill in MW2 to get a good killstreak going than you must not have played in awhile. People are too skilled now for someone to camp the same spot. In the beginning I saw tons of enemy nukes. I don't think I've seen an enemy nuke in a couple months now. One dude got 1 on my team about a month ago. Even getting Pavelow or Chopper Gunner takes some skill so gotta disagree with your assessment there.

Guns are definitely more accurate in MW2 and also more damaging, but I like that. There SHOULD be a sense of fear in you. I found my guns in BC2 to be so pathetic people didn't run for cover when I'd hit them. Many times they would stand there out in the open looking to see who shot them. Even when I 1-round bursted to reduce recoil error in aim, it still took me 2-3 clips to kill someone off. I felt like a horsefly bugging an elephant when I was hitting this one sniper camping a roof on the snow stage. It was kinda funny watching him run all over that roof top trying to see who hit him. :lol:

I think the problem you might be having with guns doing too little damage might be from play engineer, they pretty much have the weakest weapons and will probably take an entire clip to kill a guy, also, engineer isn't supposed to be doing all that much shooting, their purpose is to repair tanks(which do tons of damage), when I was playing engineer I never tried to shoot anyone unless I knew I could sneak up on them and get close. I think that's a big problem with BC2, it's very important that people play their roles appropriately but since call of duty had the reigns of FPS for so long everyone things and FPS has to be all about shooting and killing.

I would have to say it really doesn't take that much skill the get a killstreak, when I was playing the free weekend I was doing pretty decent, in my first game I had a killstreak of 3, and by my third game I was able to get killstreaks of about 5, unfortunately all that stuff is based off a stupid leveling system so killstreaks didn't really do me any good. I might be pushing that it doesn't take any skill though, I have played a lot of FPS before so obviously I wasn't a beginner and that might be why I didn't do too bad... didn't do good either though, didn't get any positive scores. In fact, I think the best I got was 11-13.

A sense of fear? It's broad daylight and you have people running around with a RPG in both hands (I'm kind of surprised they didn't put akimbo RPG in the game, that would have actually been kind of neat) so I don't think I really get this feeling like I going to get ambushed, in fact most of what I felt was something like "WTF! RAGEQUIT!"

As for BC2's damage, I really didn't find it that difficult to down people, I was however playing the PS3 version so maybe it's different for console and PC but I doubt it. I have to agree though, it is hilarious to shoot someone and then watch them scatter for cover, that's why I loved playing the sniper. :D